😈 Monoliths

Monoliths

Ship: None 
Length: Short
Type: Crack

-- -- --

They had been appearing, lately.

Large metal monoliths that stood at about the height of a one-story house.

And then they had been vanishing. Gone a few days after they arrived.

There'd been six so far.

Any other time, and they would have been big news. But late 2020? They were barely a passing thought. Saguru had scraped together what information he could on them and set up a number of social media accounts detailing the information. He'd found a number of theories on what they were--ranging from temporary art installations to alien something-or-others--but Saguru hadn't believed any of them.

After all, he knew the truth. It was just a shame no one would believe him.

-- -- --

Kaito was grinning as he walked home from school. Aoko had stayed behind for some club, so he was alone.

That is, until Akako found him.

"I can't believe you've done this." Akako frowned at him. "You're well aware that magic is to be kept a secret from-"

"Yada, yada, whatever," Kaito shrugged her off, "I'm not a part of whatever magic society says that magic should be hidden. Hence, I'm not obligated to follow their rules. Besides," he tilted his head forward, "I AM keeping it a secret. No one suspects magic, and those that do are considered crazy theorists."

"That doesn't matter, you're still--"

"Aliens are more prevalent a theory than magic," Kaito said, "ALIENS. No one will figure it out."

"I did, dumbass."

The pair jumped, finally noticing Saguru standing behind them.

"And even if I hadn't," the detective continued, "You two just confirmed it. If magic is such an important secret, then maybe you shouldn't talk about it in public."

Akako growled, but Kaito just laughed.

"Do you REALIZE how serious this is?!?" Akako exclaimed, "It's bad enough that Kaito learned about magic--though I suppose he was bound to after Pandora--but now YOU know," she pointed at Saguru, "And we all know how bad you are at keeping secrets."

"Telling people that Kaito is KID is NOT me being bad at keeping secrets," Saguru shot back, "He's a CRIMINAL."

"And a damn good one too," the thief added.

"Yeah, sure," Saguru mumbled.

"HEY--!"

"Will you two not fight for once?" Akako growled, "And shut up about secrets, there's people within earshot now."

Glancing around, the two realized that Akako was right and promptly went silent. Then Kaito spoke up with some attempt at starting a conversation.

"Sooooo," he said, "What's your favorite monolith theory?"

-- -- --

(A/N)

Written: December 9th, 2020

Written By: 23belln

Word Count: 414

My favorite monolith theory LMAO

ALSO GUESS WHO'S NOT DEAD LMAO