Chapter 32

TW: non-consensual elements, please skip chapter if easily triggered

It was another gruesome practice but since the trainees did their homework diligently they were able to breeze through the choreography. Now it just needs polishing. Jimin was satisfied.

"Bye Jimin-ssi! Thank you for today.", the trainees chorused while Jimin waved them off.

The choreographer bent down to retrieve his towel and phone from the floor. When he stood up, he was surprised to see Mark standing too close to him.

"Oh, hey Mark. Do you need anything? Good job by the way. You did exceptionally well today.", Jimin said as he wiped off the sweat from his face and placed his phone on his back pocket.

Mark beamed.

"Thank you so much, Jimin-ssi. I'm really trying hard to impress you."

Jimin smiled.

"Well it's working. I can see how much you've improved already. Keep it up.", Jimin said as he moved to the side with the intention to leave already. However, Mark also moved to the same direction effectively blocking him.

"Don't I deserve a reward for doing a good job?", Mark asked with a sweet smile.

If Jimin was surprised by the sudden boldness of the trainee, he tried not to show it. He just tried to laugh off the uneasiness.

"What kind of reward? You will be rewarded for your hardwork when you debut."

Mark pouted.

"But that would take years. I want my reward now."

This time, Jimin frowned. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"What do you mean? What do you want, Mark?"

"Can we talk over coffee? Please? I miss our coffee dates."

Jimin hesitated. Now is the perfect time to clear the air with Mark and make sure that there is no bad blood between them. However, he doesn't like the way Mark is acting right now. He's not comfortable so he decided to be firm.

"That was just one time, Mark. And no, I'm busy. If you have anything to say, say it now and make it quick. I have to go soon."

"Why are you avoiding me, Jimin-ssi? Did I do something wrong? Did I say something to offend you?", the younger pouted, obviously hurt.

The dance sighed. He should have talked to Mark sooner. It's becoming more obvious now that he gave the younger the wrong impression.

"Look, I am not avoiding you. I'm sorry if there was some misunderstanding between us but I just want to keep it professional. We can talk and you can come to me for any advice or help and I'll gladly give it to you. After all, I'm your trainor. But other than that, I don't have anything more to offer you."

Mark looked offended and was clearly upset upon hearing that.

"What? But I thought you liked me. You were really nice and always singling me out to praise. You were always giggling whenever we talked. You were very friendly towards me. Then now you make a 180 degree turn and want to keep it professional? So what was that all about?", the trainee said sharply.

"I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. It was not my intention in any way to confuse you or lead you on. But we can never have a relationship outside of work. It's just wrong.", Jimin said gently hoping the other would understand his position.