The upside down: Part 1

I join the others back on the bleaches. We all sit in a tense silence. Dustin shakes his hands slightly at his sides, while I tap my foot against the tile. Finally, Mike checks his watch for the fifteenth time and then jumps up.

"Where are you going?" I question as he runs out the doors.

Through the walls I can hear him shout, "Nancy? Jonathan?"

Finally after a few minutes he comes back.

"They're gone." He states.

Lucas looks up at him. "What?"

Mike shakes his head. "Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin laughs.

I lightly punch him in the side. "Shut up, Dustin."

"Gross." Lucas exclaims.

"No," Mike starts. "No way, Dustin!

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asks.

"No." I respond, "it was just my dad and Will's mom."

Eleven looks towards Mike. "I know."

"What?" Mike asks as we're all caught off guard. "Did you see them? Do you know where they went?"

"Yes." She replies.

Mike asks again, "where? Where did they go?"

The rooms silent for a second before El finally says. "Demogorgon."

After that the room erupts into chaos.

"Guys!" Mike shouts, "guys this is crazy. We can't just wait around."

"I'm with Mike." I announce.

"Guys." Lucas starts, "in case you two forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us."

"So what?" I question, "we just stay here like sitting ducks?"

"We don't even know where Nancy and Jonathan are." Dustin adds.

"El can find them." Mike says.

Dustin rolls his eyes. "Mike, look at her." He motions over to where Elevens sits on the bleachers curled up in her towel looking utterly exhausted. "I still think we should stick to the chiefs plan."

"Oh come on!" I shout, annoyed that everyone is treating my dad like he's some kind of savior. "I'll just do it!"

"Joe, you don't even know how!" Lucas exclaims.

"Um, yeah I do." I lie.

"Okay then do it."

"Fine!"

I grab my walkie from my bag, turn the diel until I get static and shut my eyes tight. I can't believe the lack of faith Lucas has in me. Sure, I'm kinda new to all of this and I have no idea what I'm doing but I can do this, I know I can! If anything I need to figure it out just to spite Lucas. 

Before I know it, I'm back in the dark place. I try to picture the two of them in my head, Nancy and Jonathan. Suddenly like magic I see Nancy standing with a knife in her hands. I guess she really is going after the Demogorgon. I try and look around, try and figure out where she is but for some reason it's all too blurry to see. All I can make out is the brief outline of a kitchen and a living room. In frustration I open my eyes.

"So?" Lucas asks with a hint of sarcasm.

"She's in a house." I sheepishly say.

"A house!" Lucas goes into full sarcastic mode, "wow, thank god there's not thousands of those. Come on guys let's go find them in a house!"