Expecting

Imagine: Waking up a sleepy Carlos to tell him you're expecting.

You looked at the pregnancy test, your hands planted over your mouth in complete speechlessness. You were pregnant. With Carlos' child! It was a matter of time before your whole body combusted with excitement, quietly bouncing up and down in joy. "I need to tell him, right now!"

You rushed out of the bathroom and into your bedroom where a sleeping Carlos was in bed. You leaped full force onto him. "Woah- wha!" Carlos was startled out of his sleep. "Babe? Wh- why did you jump on me like? What's wrong?" His deep voice was thick from slumbering, turning his body over onto his elbow so he could see what the fuss was about but you straddled his waist, forcing him to lay flat on his back. You on the other hand, looked like you just drank 20 monster drinks; you couldn't contain your happiness.

"Guess what we are?" You blatantly asked with wide y/e/c eyes. Having just woken up abruptly, it took Carlos a moment, rubbing sleep from his eyes sighing before tiredly placings his hands on your thighs. You loved it when he touched you like that, especially all sleepy and cute.

"What?" You bit your lip at how clueless Carlos was.

"Guess," you repeated and patiently waited for his touch in reality to kick in. His furrowed brow turned to something much more opposite as it finally set in. He realized something, but not just any kind of something.

He realized he was going to be a father.

You witnessed the change in his expression and grinned, nodding to him with confirmation in his amazing discovery. Without any warning's notice, Carlos lifted himself off the bed and wrapped his strong arms around your waist.

Carlos cheered out in laughter and with the words, "I'm going to be dad?! Holy shit, I'm gonna be a dad!" Flipping the two of you over where this time he was on top of you. Carlos ruthlessly peppered you with kisses. His actions made you giggle cutely the more he showed how happy he was.

"I can't believe it, this is so amazing," Carlos said as he hugged you, still mindful of not letting his weight crush you. "You wanna know what I believe?"

"Mhm?" Carlos pulls away, looking longingly into your eyes. You smiled softly as you cup his cheek, tracing a thumb over it.

"I think you'll be a great father." Carlos' heart warmed as his own smile grew warmer. He kissed you again deeply.