🌹Headcannon🌹

~Carlos having nightmares~

When it came to nightmares, Carlos wasn't so much of a toss and turner than he does tremble. Ever so often when he did toss and turn, he'd accidentally bump into you which in response; stir you awake.

It breaks- no- SHATTERS your heart when you listen to him mutter pleas with so much pain in his voice. All up to the point where he begins to sob.

Carlos isn't a crier. Not that he's never cried before or thought it was too "emasculating" (depending on the situation). It's just that YOU never seen him cry, and you wished to god you hadn't.

You'd cup his cheek and wipe away his tears before pulling him down into your embrace. Softly whispering to him to make him feel better.

-

If it was a violent dream, he would jolt out of his sleep, gasping for air. Not in a stereotypical way like you see in movies, but abrupt nonetheless; Sweaty and heavy breathing.

You do your best to calm his nerves from the death and destruction that raptured inside his mind. You'd brush his damp fluffy hair from his eyes so you could see into them. Feel what he feels.

Anger.

Loss.

Fear.

Whether or not Carlos was comfortable enough to explain his dream to you, it didn't matter. You loved him. Only him. No matter what.

The moment always ends with you enveloping in each other's arms, more so in yours. You always felt safe and protected in the security of his arms, but on rough nights like these; he was safe and protected in yours.

To further relax Carlos, you'd rest your chin over his head, planting a sweet kiss to it as you brushed your fingers through his hair. The feeling of slightly tangled and soft locks always brought a smile to your face as it did Carlos'. It brings him a great sense of peace as he knows whatever he saw a minute ago, wasn't reality.

And it'll never come true as long as you had each other's backs.

"If you survived Raccoon City, you can survive this. I know you can." Your words meant so much to Carlos, he would never forget them. Even on the toughest of nights.

Your touch alone is enough to put Carlos back to sleep until the break of dawn and your day goes about just fine.