Chapter 4.1

Hey people,

sorry for the long wait, but here is finally the next chapter, i know its not that good and the ending is awful, but oh well.

I still do hope you enjoy reading this chapter and remember to

Comment

Vote 

Share

Please Please Please tell me what you think of this story, it would literally make my day!

:) xxxxx

....................................................................................................................

Sarena´s view

I was genuinely excited for my first training lesson although the shock from my dream was still making my heart thump hard against my rib cage. It was hard for me to believe that my parents were not who they were pretending to be back in Ocean´s harmony, but still a dull ache filled my heart at the fact that I had lost my mom. Pushing these grave thoughts aside I concentrated on the here and now. Jamie leaned over and  grabbed a cold plate of food from the bedside table and gently placed it in my lap to wrap my hands around the plate.

“Close your eyes and concentrate on this plate. Imagine it to be steaming hot. Do you feel a slight tickling sensation spreading through your body?”

I giggled softly for there really was a tickling sensation that was practically  racing through my veins. I nodded my head in agreement to Jamie’s question.

“Direct that sensation towards and out your hands. “

I concentrated on that sensation, bending it to my will and sending it towards and out of my hands. I could warmth building up in my hands with every second, suddenly it started to die down and carefully I peeked through my lashes to see a steaming plate of food in my hands and a grinning Jamie opposite me.  I did it, I really did it! I warmed up this cold plate of food. I triumphantly sat the plate down and reached over to grab the fork that still lay on the bedside table and started stuffing my face. Of course I shared with Jamie for I still could not resist his puppy dog eyes.  We spent another half an hour on our bed laughing and eating before we were interrupted by a servant. Jamie had duties to attend to and I had training to attend to.

Later that day, after countless hours of training with the young ones which was very embarrassing  and exploring the cities with Jamie, we lay cuddled up in bed together, enjoying the intoxicating taste of Soaria chocolate which he had bought that day. A thought struck me then and I saw the opportunity to finally get some answers.

“Jamie?”

“hmm?”

“Why did you leave me all these years ago?”

This simple question made him think for a long time and when he finally spoke, it was in a slow and calculated way.

“My family needed me and I had to protect you”

“What do you mean?”

“ When I left, I was supposed to take you with me. You were so young at the time  and I knew that all of this would have broken you back then, plus your body was not ready yet to cope with your new powers.  I never meant to hurt your feelings in any way. I suffered as well through the years because I missed being near you and holding you in my arms. By the way darling, you are part of the starkeep clan now. Only a few select members get to guard a star including me. As  you are the most powerful being on earth you get one to and that means that you should meet your star, she has been dying to meet you. So would you like to meet her?”

“Of course I would like to meet my star. You make it sound like that star is some sort of magical creature”

“She practically is”

He answered while he grabbed the heart amulet that was still around my neck from our first encounter yesterday and undid the latch to place it  on the bed between us. Jamie put my hand over the amulet closing his eyes and whistling a long and sweet tone. The heart started to glow in a soft pink before opening up like a petal and out came a little fairy. She wears tangled multicoloured skirts made of petals and a white tank top. Her wings are pale pink in colour!”

A very high pitched and squeaky voice called out as the little being flew out of its shell and  landed on Jamie’s palm.

“My name is Buttercup and I am your star.”

“Hey Buttercup! “ I said with a smile, then in turned to Jamie, the smile gone and told him in a stern tone

“You have a lot of explaining to do.”  I crossed my arms over my chest. The smile that Jamie had on his face too was gone as well.