Chapter 34 ~ The School Play

Pink had wanted to do a play/musical for the school. She gathered Spinel, Yellow, Blue, Peridot, Steven, Amethyst, and me.
I got the role for Veronica, aka the main character. Spinel got the role of J.D., the main character's love interest. Pink played Heather Chandler, Yellow played Heather Duke, and Blue played Heather McNamara. Steven played Martha, in which he had to wear a wig and glasses, basically playing a girl. Peridot played Kurt, and Amethyst played Ram.

I had rehearsal tomorrow, and I was currently finishing writing an essay.

"Shortcakeee...I'm bored...!"

"Then you should memorize your lines instead of lying down and doing nothing."

"But I'm great at singin'. Just listen." She played the instrumental for "I Am Damaged."

"I am damaged...far too damaged. But, you're not beyond repair. Stick around here, make things "better", cuz' ya beat me fair and square."

I softly clapped and smiled. "You're a really good singer, dear."

"Aw, shucks. Anyway, ya should sleep. Pink wants us to meet pretty damn early, I'll give 'er that."

"Mmm, yeah, lemme just get a few more paragraphs in."

And with that, the next day arrived shortly.

♡♡♡

"OKAY PEOPLE! LET'S START!" Pink shouted from afar, all the way across the room, in the back, behind the seats.

I got into position and stood in front of Spinel, who wore a long, black cardigan.

'Oh no, she's hot!' I thought.

"THREE! TWO! ONE!"

"Ya and I, we're special, we've got work 'ta do." Spinel started, an unreadable expression on her face.

"What work?" I asked. Spinel turned away from me and looked at the ground, smirking while she said her next lines.

"Makin' the world a decent place for decent people 'ta live." She started shoving her hands into her pockets, then pulled out a fake pistol.

"When does it end?" I said worriedly, reaching out to grab her shoulder.

"WHEN EVERY ASSHOLE IS DEAD!" She yelled, turning around to face me and shove me to the ground.

The music began, which cues that a song was about to start.

I stood back up and grabbed the cuffs of her jacket.

"Yeah, we're damaged. Badly damaged. But that does not make us wise!" I exclaimed.

"We're not special," Spinel widened her eyes, I could tell she was impressed. "We're not different, we don't choose who lives or dies." I let go of her and crossed my arms.

♪ "Let's be normal, see bad movies...sneak a beer, and watch TV!" ♪ I lightly sung the last part.

We'll bake brownies, or go bowling, don't you want a life with me~?" ♪

♪ "Can't we be seventeen~?"

"Is that so hard to do~?"

"If you could let me in...I could be good with you~." By this point I was holding Spinel's hand and singing. She was smirking, but quickly turned it into a frown when Blue glared and shook her head at her.

"People hurt us.."

"Or they vanish." Spinel deadpanned.

"And you're right, that really blows...but we let go."