Bicorn {14}

*one month later*

I was pacing the halls of school feeling incomplete without Luke by my side but I was trying my best not to practically cry everyday. I've had moments where I ran out of a classroom to the bathroom so no one would see me be a complete wimp. I really hated it when people saw me cry I always thought of it as a sign of weakness and I for one thing was not weak and I know that was for sure.

I saw Wes every now and then but not as frequently I couldn't quite put my finger on why though he's been acting kind of strange lately. Like he's met someone. but like that would ever happen the kid had a baby face out the wazoo and made him stand out. Which was a nice fact about him.

I walked in the snack line because I was really in the mood for some double stuffed oreo's, and nothing says get better food like oreo's. Oh my god I sound like one of those girls who eat their feelings. or worse a Swedish fat kid who had a fetish for cake either way. I consider it carb loading. I went onto my phone and selected the YouTube app.

I started playing a duel of the fates dubstep remix. I started the song and the kids in line were laughing at me for jamming out to it. I turned to them and said. "it's not nice to laugh children, nerd fandoms are life, you'll grow up and see how awesome they are don't worry." they gave me weird looks and stepped back a little. Damn scaring people is so easy.

I got my Oreo's, listening to my music, while sitting down at an empty table, people knew not to sit next to me because 1 I hated people and 2 I liked being alone unless I was with Luke everyone else could kiss my natural white.

This mo'fucker don't play, as someone passed in front of me looking as if he was going to sit down I looked right at him and gave him so much hatred in my eyes he literally shivered. He ever so kindly walked away from my table. Damn I was bitch. I was starting to like it a little bit.

The bell rang and went to my next period class and the teacher was teaching us about Hamlet and how he was crazy and knew that everyone was after him. I noticed something out the corner of my eye. There was a cute boy I think his name was Edwin and he was sitting next to a more attractive more by the name of Javier.

He was the star of the football team at the high school. The one thing I could believe was that under the desk they were holding hands at me they caught me looking and they peered over and smiled.  After the class was over I got of the classroom, but they stopped me abruptly and told me how if it wasn't for Luke and I coming out as a couple they never would have told anyone.

But we gave them hope to come out as a couple and now they've never been happier. Some of the friends who didn't approve left but they didn't care because true friends stay regardless of any difference and should respect what those choices might be. People have forgotten that respect is never one sided and as soon as someone seems even just a glimmer of hope, the smash it to smithereens. 

After school was over I got in my car and Meghan Trainors song title was playing. I haven't sang anything since Luke well had an unfortunate moment in time. He will wake up...I just know it. When he does I'll be there right next to him. Slightly hysterical and crying but right there. I'll always be there. He was my baby and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him ever. I pulled into the hospital parking lot and got out of my car heading toward the building. and got in the elevator. My phone buzzed. I smiled at who it was. 

 From Wes 

Hey Derek sorry I haven't spoken to you in a while i've been busy with some stuff. I hope you're doing okay. especially Luke let me know if he's getting any better. You can get through this man. just be patient. 

From Derek

Yeah man I'm doing fine hoping for a speedy recovery every day is getting harder  and longer but I''m hanging in there for him. I hope you busy schedule doesn't stop you from checking in on me every now and then. You'll be on my mind bro!  Reese's peaces!!

From Wes 

LMAO peace dude and try and smile a bit more I saw you during school you looked like the grim reaper murdered you puppy. I mean your Eaore personality was really kicking in anyway man i'll ttyl byee.

I got out of the elevator as it reached the 24th floor I got out and walked into Luke's room sitting in the couch that was near the window and I placed my book bag there. I walked by his bed and I kissed his lips every time I walked into his room. He may not be able to kiss back but I feel like he just knows that i'm there when I do. I got my book bag and opened it up and was doing my work quietly in the corner. 

Usually no one bothered other than the usual visit by the nurse and she always had a pleasant smile and always let me know how good I look and every time she left I couldn't help but check out her ass every time as well. It's not cheating if you look but if you touch then that's something completely different. I'm not breaking any rules simply by looking. I've fathomed about being but I could never make that vertical jump over the hurdle that is the labyrinth of my sexuality. 

I would never want to change for anyone but if Luke asked me if I would go gay for him I would in a heartbeat. Our love is so strong that He make me feel more of a man than I already am.