🌹Chapter 13🌹

Glad you guys liked the last chapter. I may be a bit slow to get out the next chapter or so, because I got sunburned real bad yesterday.

Meaning that my eyes burn to keep open for more than two seconds. And that really makes typing and editing difficult. Hope you guys understand!

They had seen the house after a while of flying; it was far out in the forest and the only access to it appeared to be a private dirt road.

All the more suspicious.

As they got closer, Antonio fished in his pocket for the camera Lukas had given him. Clipping it over his left breast pocket, Antonio took a deep breath as Romulus swooped downward, Yao and the others following suit.

They all touched down around the side of the house, where they took cover in the bushes. Antonio glanced over the bushes and sure enough, saw the black Jeep from earlier.

Beside him, Romulus murmured to Yao. "You think you can scout the perimeter?"

Yao nodded and immediately leaped from the cover of the bushes, rolling and melting into the shadows of the house. With his black wings and hair, he really did blend in.

A few heartbeats later, Yao appeared around the backside of the house. "Come on," he whispered. "There's a back door we can use."

Romulus nodded and looked over his shoulder. "Clarine, Leon, and Eduard; stay out here and keep watch."

When the three nodded, the others all stood and snuck up around the house. The back door was locked, but that wasn't something a hair pin from Clarine couldn't fix. Yao carded the pin for later use.

They entered, and Romulus instructed Vladimir, Elizabeta, and Basch go off to search the right wing of the house. The others continued to the left.

After a long time of walking, they came to a door that led down. It was locked, both a foreboding and promising sign.

"A basement?" Kiku spoke up. Yao nodded and moved closer to pick the lock once more with Clarine's hairpin.

"Ivan, Snow White, and Rapunzel," Romulus began, giving absolutely no heed to the nick names that Francis and Gilbert scowled at. "You continue to look up here. But be near, just in case we need help."

Ivan nodded and gave a sidelong glance to Yao, who also met his eyes subtly. Then the three parted, and Yao got the lock undone.

They made their way down the stairs, and surprisingly it looked like a normal basement. A pool table sat along the edge of the wall, along with a couch and a large entertainment center. A long bookcase lined the outer wall.

But before they could look further, a shout followed by a thud came from upstairs. The group looked at each other in question before Romulus hurriedly ran to the stairs. "I'll go up and see what's happening, you guys continue."

And then he was gone as well. Yao now took the lead,  and stopped when he heard a door open. Yao shoved the other two behind the couch and out of view of the three men entering the basement from another door hidden by the staircase.

"I'll get us to Lovi," he whispered under his breath. "Just follow."

Kiku nodded but wasn't sure if Yao saw. Meanwhile the three men froze as they saw Yao.

"Oh, look at this pretty one?" One of the men chuckled. Yao stepped forward however, despite the three men threateningly approaching him, to keep them from seeing Kiku and Antonio.

"Did you come to save the other one?" Another man teased. They stepped closer, and Yao only needed halfway to pretend he was scared. Really, his heart was beating so hard in his chest he was surprised the men hadn't heard it yet.