🌹Chapter 14🌹

Uhm, you guys? You people are absolute madmen!

Thank you so much for already having over 350 reads, AND getting this story to #1 in spainxromano and wingtalia!

I love you all so much! So, here's a chapter for you to celebrate!

Antonio ran, weaving through the narrow spaces between cages. His emerald eyes searched for Lovino. He gripped the hairpin in his hand, until what Antonio could only place as an excited squeal came from further ahead.

Glancing up, sparkling emerald eyes met fiery amber orbs.

"Lovi!" Antonio called, adrenaline boosting his running speed. Running up to the cage, his hands fumbled around the lock as he looked over Lovino.

"Antonio, it's about time you bastard," Lovino snapped, but Antonio could see the smile and happy tears running down the man's face.

"I told you I was coming," Antonio chuckled wetly. He jammed the hairpin into the lock, twisting it and smiling as he heard a satisfying click-pop. He opened the lock and threw the cage door open.

Immediately Lovino had practically thrown himself into Antonio's arms. They embraced for a long moment, before Antonio pulled away.

"They tied you up," he stated the obvious. However he couldn't help the immense relief that flooded through him seeing that Lovino didn't look as bad as the other poor creatures that wound up in the cages.

"No shit," Lovino said, holding out his bound wrists to Antonio. The Spaniard dug in his pocket, finding his trusty pocket knife. He gently pressed it to the ropes used to sloppily tie up Lovino.

"Be careful," Lovino grumbled, biting his lip slightly. "I think my wrist in broken."

Antonio frowned, and his eyebrows pinched together. "Assholes," Antonio grumbled. Carefully, he slowly began to cut away the ropes.

When they fell away from Lovino's wrists, Antonio could see the painful looking rope burns, along with a discolored spot along Lovino's right wrist bone.

"There's clips on my wings too," Lovino mumbled, turning around to show Antonio. Looking closer, Antonio saw that there were leather-bound clips tightened and holding Lovino's wings together.

He closed his pocketknife and worked to undo them, throwing them aside as he did so.

Finally, when Lovino had been completely freed, they turned to face each other again. After a moment of silence, aside from the constant shouting from down the hall, Lovino spoke.

"I really missed you," he said, looking down to hide his pink face. "A lot."

Antonio paused in shock for a moment.

"Don't look so shocked," Lovino snapped.

"No, no," Antonio quickly said. "I missed you too."

Lovino looked up a bit, face questioning but also hopeful. Antonio felt obligated to continue. "I even went back to find the other winged people. It was crazy there, and-," Antonio was cut off by Lovino.

Lovino, who had stepped forward and leaned up on his toes, to plant a messy kiss on Antonio's lips. It only lasted a second or two, and when Lovino pulled away, he was as red as a tomato.

"That was to shut you up," he immediately backed himself up.

Antonio blinked, before a giddy smile broke across his face. "Te quiero, Lovi."

Lovino's eyes widened a bit before softening. "Ti amo."

Antonio and Lovino went to hug again, before a man's gruff voice cut through the air.