🌹Chapter 4🌹

Sorry for the late update again! I've been working on the story about Lament's Echo a lot, along with other RoChu stories. If you're into that as well, then you should check out the rest of my account!

Also my sister and I may or may not have completely broken the bathroom door off of its hinges and gotten all devices taken away from us for a while...

OKAY BYE~~~~~

Antonio slowly opened the door, peeking into the dark house. Thankfully, he'd left the kitchen light on, and a bit of the warm yellow glow leaked into the living room, so atleast Antonio wouldn't trip on stray blankets or pillows.

He slipped through the door, careful not to jostle Lovino. He carefully closed the door, locking it.

He crept across the living room towards the hallway and his bedroom, seeing as Gilbert and Francis were still asleep. Almost to his door, Antonio froze as he heard a grumble from the living room.

"Antonio?" Came Gilbert's half-asleep voice from the living room. Antonio looked over his shoulder, to see Gilbert lifting his head to groggily blink at him.

Pushing his surprise back, Antonio managed to reply with a level tone. "Go back to sleep, Gil. I'm going to my room."

Antonio watched as Gilbert nodded just a bit, laying his head back down and almost immediately continuing his rather loud snoring.

Antonio let out a sigh of relief he didn't realize he'd been holding in. Glancing back down at Lovino, Antonio saw that he was still sound asleep.

He opened the door to his bedroom, for once actually thankful that he tried to keep it organized and clean. He walked over to his bed, laying Lovino down on it. He pulled a blanket up to Lovino, not covering his wings.

Antonio sat back, and glanced around his room. His eyes landed on a small, cinnamon-scented candle. He walked over to his cabinet, digging around until he found a lighter, and lit the candle up.

The faint glow of the candle allowed Antonio to get a closer look at Lovino's injured wing. It was twisted sideways than what was symmetrical with his other wing, but otherwise there seemed to be nothing else wrong with it.

It was probably broken. Antonio didn't think wings were supposed to bend that way, at least not after seeing how the other, uninjured one bent.

He frowned, trying to figure out what to do for it.

Eventually he came to an idea. His childhood friend Belle and her older brother Ned had taught him how to sew when he was younger, so why not use that to his advantage?

Antonio stood, fumbling around his closet until he found an old, black shirt that didn't fit him anymore. He also dug around for something else, eventually pulling out a small bundle of thin metal wires. These had been from when he had to repair ElDorado's fence.

Looking around he also found an old pair of boots that he only used for when he traveled. Untying one, he pulled the large black lace out.

Sitting at his desk with a needle, thread, scissors, and multiple other items, he got to work.

After about an hour of work, Antonio released a triumphant sigh and sat back to admire his work. He'd created a sort of brace for Lovino's wing. It had a lace to be able to take it on and off, as sleeping in it probably wouldn't be comfortable.

Antonio had added several bundles of metal wires so that the brace would only allow the wing to move slightly, if at all.

He stood, and walked over to Lovino. He slid the brace on the wing, carefully adjusting it into the right place.