Chapter 4- Detention

I come through the front door just as my dad is leaving for work. He almost spills his coffee.

"Hey, where have you been?"

"Out on a run, stopped by the Dark Rise pack house, saw the alpha. Jake met me there too. I think they might have minor issues down low."

"What?" he asks confused.

"Well they were arguing about stupid stuff trying to be manly and so I knee'd Jake and Chase both where the sun doesn't shine."

"Good girl. Just like I taught you. Okay i'm going to work see you tomorrow, I have that meeting tonight. Hope that Alpha Chase doesn't hold a grudge against soon to be Alpha Jake.

"Yeah, okay see ya." He leaves and shuts the front door on the way out. I watch through the front door as he leaves. Jake must have gotten a ride from Thomas. They're talking in Jake's driveway while Jake holds a bag of green beans to his crotch. I roll my eyes and head upstairs.

Walking in the bathroom, I turn on my phone to my favorite playlist. Viva La Vida by Coldplay comes on. I turn on the water to warm it up. Grabbing two towels I set them on the rack next to the shower doors. I brush through my curled hair then slip of my cloths and get into the shower.

The warm water feels really good on my back. I just stand there for a while not even thinking about anything. Just enjoying the sensation of this moment. But then reality hits me in the face, literally. My body wash called reality, falls off the shower rack and hits me on the nose.

"So much for some me time." I say to the bottle.

I quickly shampoo and condition my hair and ring out the water before wrapping my head in the towel. The other towel I use to dry off then wrap it around me. Turning off the music I grab my phone.

Once in my bedroom I look through the window and sure enough I see Jake asleep on his bed with the bag of green beans to his crotch.

I close my blinds and get dressed. Putting on a long sleeve grey shirt with black leggings I look for my white high top converse. After finding those I pull them on and blow dry my hair. My hair is naturally in loose curls so I only straighten it. Mascara and my grey beany are next to put on.

I head down to the kitchen and get out my favorite cereal. Pouring cereal, and milk, into the bowl and adding a spoon is the perfect combination for breakfast. I eat as I listen to the quiet of the house. My phone rings in my back pocket.

"Hi Katie, whats up?"

"Whats up?! Whats up is the fact that you didn't talk to me much at the party last night!"

"Sorry, I was just distracted."

"No your fine, I caught a ride home with someone and I spent the night."

"Who did you sleep with now?"

"Thomas, he's a good one too."

"Gross."

"What, he was cute the way he thought he was so mighty and maucho. All though hes the best kisser! You would love to have him as your first Ryan."

"Whatever, I hope he didn't give you an STD. He is 19 ya know."

"He is?"

"Oh my gosh you such an airhead."

"Shut up, well at least I'm not a virgin."

"I don't care, your not going to lead me into peer pressure."

"You might as well as be a nun."

"Look Katie, I'm a virgin and I'm going to stay that way until I wan't kids, when I'm married!" I then hang up. I didn't realize it but my mom was listening to that last part.