Our Wedding Day

2019

My heart skips a beat the moment I wake up.
Today is the day. It's been 389 days since the ocean breeze was blowing, the sun setting and your knee gently hitting the ground, a simple and very anticipated question leaving your lips.

Now I wake up, a smile building on my face and peace beginning to twirl together with the excitement stirring inside my chest.

Its the early morning and my head cannot go back to rest as I'm wondering what you're doing at this very moment.

I take advantage of the quiet to tiptoe to the other room, quickly finding a pen and little book, the word "VOWS" adorning the cover.

It takes a moment but soon my hand is moving quickly, my promises to you going from pen to paper. And I'm hoping you think my promises are enough.

The day begins to fly, I'm gathering my belongings, watching everyone around me flutter to their places, preparing along with me.

And I'm still wondering what you're doing.

Before I know it, I'm looking down, flowers spread on the tables, gold shining, and it's time to put on a heavy dress.

My mom helps to zip it up, and it fits perfectly, almost as perfect as my mother's smile and tears looking at me.

I'm twirling and posing and wondering how four o'clock is already almost here.

My father is giving me advice, holding my hand as we wait for our cue to walk down the stairs and to the isle to you.

My heart is racing and suddenly I have to remind myself to breath.

It takes a few steps but suddenly all I see is you.

My feet are walking, arm tightly holding my father. Slowly I am making it closer to you.

You're wearing a blue suit, wiping tears, making me smile from ear to ear.

A song is playing, the one we picked together. And suddenly I'm right next to you, shaking and crying and smiling, focusing on your hazel eyes. I'm wondering how it is that the gold in your eyes look so bright today.

We stand there and become one and I'm just wondering what you're thinking, holding your hand tight and close to me, forgetting the crowd of faces looking at us.

My heart skips a beat the moment I say "I do".