Six years later

Back to modern times

So there you have it. I had bad blood that was slowly poisoning me. My parents were devastated when they found out and I felt terrible for my dad who found out over the phone since he was on a business trip at the time. "Help Mrs. Mion? This is Dr. Hollow. I'm calling about Mako's latest blood tests. I would like to call you and your husband and Mako in to the office tomorrow?" "Very well I'll tell my husband." The Next morning ( a sunny June morning) Mom woke me up early. "Wake up Mako. We have a doctor's appointment today." "MGDJGM" I mumbled not awake. "Come on lazybones. We got to get to the hospital." "MGKKKKKKK" "Very well then. Don't say that I didn't warn you. GET HIM FRECKLES!" "WOOF WOOF WOOF!" Freckles then chose that moment to jump on the bed and start licking me to death. "MOOMMMMM!" I yelped. "Well at least your up now" she said laughing. I scowled at her and then got up to get dress. 

When I went downstairs I noticed that all three of my family members were sitting at the table eating breakfast. "Good morning honey" Mom said "How you feeling?" The truth was I had been feeling a little bit light headed lately and I had noticed that my feet were starting to go black. But there was no way in heck I was going to say that. "Fine. What's for breakfast?" "Cereal or toast?" "Cereal." I finished eating and then my mom looked at me in the way that you knew she had something to say. "So dear I wanted to ask you if it was alright if we all joined you at the hospital for the doctor's visit today?" "UH why? Doesn't Dad have to work and Kelo have school?" "No I actually took work off today boy. My boss called me last night and said that I was due vacation. This means for the next six months I'm actually off." "And I have good enough grades I can get a day off" said Kelo. I looked around at my family and noticed that Mom was trying to hide the tears. I didn't know what the deal is but I thought it didn't hurt to have family support despite the fact it was typically Mom and I who went to the appointments. "Ah what the heck" I said "You guys can all come."