Told the truth

It was around Nine in the morning when we arrived at the hospital. As usual we took some hand sanitiser before we went in and then Mom and I checked into waiting room. "Hi Mia." I said "We're here for an appointment with Dr. Hollow." "Sure thing Mako" she said signing me in. "How's it been going?" "Not too bad" my mom replied "Though he has seemed to be a bit more paler than usual." "MOM!" I protested "I'm ALWAYS PALE!" Mia laughed. "Don't worry Mako. Mothers are made to worry." After this we sat down in the chairs provided. About fifteen minutes later Calon Dr. Hollow's assistant called us in. "Having a family day today eh Mako?" "We thought it would be best to be together for this appointment" my mom answered for me. "Ah I see. Well doc should be in in a few seconds." About five minutes later (so much for a few seconds) Dr Hollow a middle aged man with greying hair walked in. "Hello Mako, Unora. I see you brought the whole family today eh?" "Yes we did" my mom said "This is my husband Nico and my son Kelo." "Nice to meet you both" Doc said shaking my father's and brother's hand. "Now let's get down to business." Doc explained my test results and what it all meant. "So in conclusion I would have to say Mako has about 1-3 years left." "Wait a minute" I said snapping into the present moment (TBH I always kinda zoned out on the medical jargon part) "What do you mean I ONLY HAVE ONE TO THREE YEARS LEFT?!" Doc LOOKED at my mom. "You didn't tell him did you?" My brother and dad looked around guiltily "Told me what?" I asked turning towards them. "I believe this would be a conversation better held in the quiet room" the doctor said standing. 

"I told you mom we should have told him" Kelo muttered to my mom as we followed Dr. Hollow down the hallway. We entered a room that was padded and had a bed and three bean bags and a bunch of throw pillows. 'What is going on' I thought. Dr Hollow directed me to sit on the bed with my mom. Dad and Kelo sat in the beanbag chairs dad looking hilarious. "Meko what do you know about your condition?" Doc asked me. "I know that it's why my skin is pale and that it happened due to Ms. Janor cursing me. I know that that's why I have seizures and I take pills to control those said seizures. And that's about it." "Your parents have never discussed what would happen entering your teen years?" "We thought it would be best if we focused on the positive rather then have him be scared for six years" my mom interrupted. "Thanks Mrs. Mion but I would like Meko to answer this first part." "No they have never told me. What's Doc talking about mom?" "Should I tell him or do you want to?" Dr Hollow asked gently. This is when I noticed mom was crying. "What's the matter mom? What's happening?" "Meko" my mom said hugging me "My poor boy. Do you remember the surgery you had right after you were cursed?" "Yeah what does that have to do with anything?" "That surgery was to help get rid of the curse which it only partial did. I'm afraid we weren't able to cleanse your blood from becoming Demon's blood." "Ok but that's a problem because....?" My mom burst into tears at this. "Oh for the love of Arcan!" Kelo said "A human can't survive with demon blood Mako. Your blood is slowly poisoning you and turning your blood black. You're dying man."