27| She's mine

She's mine

"We are all worth love, sometimes we just need someone to take a chance on us"
                                                       -Atticus

"We are all worth love, sometimes we just need someone to take a chance on us"                                                       -Atticus

| Bonnie |

It's been three days and she still hasn't woken up yet. I'd barley moved from this chair, my hand gripping hers like a vice.
Polly had been here quite a lot, leaving only every now and then when Tommy needed her urgently.

Dad has been in to visit, so has Vivian and Carla, Finn, Isaiah and Nala.
Everyone's been here for her, and yet she still hadn't opened her beautiful eyes
Dad told me yesterday that Michael has been sent to America.
Apparently Tommy had ordered it, he didn't even get the chance to come and see Ari, to check on her or say goodbye.

I know that it'll hurt her when she wakes up, she's been through so much and now her brother has left her.

I was currently sat with Finn, who was in the chair opposite and struggling to read a book.
Anyone could tell the poor lad was struggling, but I didn't judge, didn't say anything.
I was only just able to write, let alone read well.

The doors flew open after a while, and in walked Polly Shelby
The bane of my life.
How could such a gorgeous sweet girl come from the dragon lady staring me down right now?

"Finn... out" Polly said, gesturing for him to get out the seat, he did so... and left
Leaving just me and Polly alone with Ari.
I looked back at her pale face, her lips dried and her hair strewn everywhere.

"You should go" Polly said, grabbing Ari's other hand
I shook my head, she sighed
"I don't want you here... Anna won't either when she wakes up" she said
"She'll want me here. Because she loves me" I said, I was tired of her attitude.

Polly scoffed
"The girl doesn't know what love is. You've just shown her attention and she's fell to your feet. It won't last" she said simply
I rubbed my forehead, willing the ache to go away
"Are you stupid?" I asked
"What?" She seethed, staring at me.

"How can you not see that I love her? I love every single fucking thing about her and all you do is criticise us like we're just stupid kids. I'd marry this girl in a heart beat and if you can't see that by now then you're the fucking idiot" I said, staring back at Ari and wishing Polly would just fuck off.

She didn't say anything, just turned her head back to Ari and fiddled with her fingers, twisting her rings until she came across the one I had given her.

"If you love my Anna so much, why isn't this a wedding ring?" She asked, keeping her eyes on it
"Because we're still young. And that ring was a ring of promise, that I'd always be there for her, protect her, guess it's meaningless now" I said sadly.
I should have been there.