Chapter 4

It was a sunny Sunday morning and Katerina had just woken up to find an empty home. She started panicking and looking everywhere but Amara was nowhere to be found.

She had no way to find her missing best friend but she was sure who was behind this. The problem was that she was an assassin and she had no way to find her, she wasn't her target with her targets she had at least some information about their whereabouts.

As she was thinking an idea popped in her head. She thought of a person that had the power to find her best friend. Valerio. Tonight she was gonna go to his club it was the only way of reaching him. On the other side, Valerio was seated in his office when Javier entered.

''Val we have a problem.''

''What is it?''

''5 of our men were on a mission to locate Nikolai and are now missing.''

He was angry, no he was enraged he stood up and threw everything that was on his desk and proceeded to punch a wall. Javier took a step back and Valerio ran his hands through his hair. Just then his phone rang informing him of a message from an unknown number.

A video was attached to the message from the unknown number. He pressed play.

''Ah Valerio you see these men tied up? Aren't they your special lil team? I will give them back if you give me Katerina by the end of the night. Please be careful though she can be pretty mhm how do I put it difficult. Ciao as you Italian rats say.''

He punched another hole in the wall and Javier took another step back. Was Javier scared? Yes his boss and best friend was lethal especially when angry.

''There was also a girl tied up next to our men.''

Said Valerio recalling the video to his head.

''Valerio if we give him Katerina we can get them back.''

''We are not giving Katerina to him.''

''Oh so you have a little crush?''

''Shut the fuck up.''

''Oh so you do, don't you? If you don't tell me now I am so willing to catch her and give her to him by myself.''

''Katerina is not to be touched you might be my best friend but you are also still one of my men. Get our tech guys on it we are about to kick some Russian ass.''

As he said that one of his tech guys entered.

''Boss we found them.''

He ran out of his office and got into his black car. They reached a destination just outside the city and entered the warehouse. It was empty but there was a door there, they quickly ran to the door and found their men and a girl tied up. Javier ran to the girl and quickly freed her whereas the others freed the five guys.

''They want Katerina, save Katerina.''

The girl said to Javier before passing out. Javier grabbed the girl and they drove to the Mafia's hospital.

It was now night and Valerio decided to go to his club to have a drink. Who was that girl? How did she know Katerina? As he entered the VIP section he saw a figure close to him but he couldn't make out who it was.

''A whiskey neat and make it fast.''
He told the bartender.

''Make it 2''

A female voice said that he had recognized in the span of these weeks way too well.

''Miss Katerina nice to see you again.''

''I need your help.''

''Do you?''

''Nikolai has my best friend and I need your help to get her back.''

''What do I win?''

He said and took a step closer their lips almost touching.

''Anything you want.''

''Well it won't be needed, Nikolai captured some of my men and when we found them there was a girl with them. She did mention you, something about not giving you away to Nikolai.''

''That means you have her?''

''I do and I will give her to you safe and I swear but you have to go on a date with me.''

''Oh so that's your price a fucking date.''

''Si amore mio (yes my love), if you have the guts to come.''

''It is a deal Mr. Diavolo (Devil)''.

''You are welcome to come to my house now and collect her.''

''She's not an object to be collected but I will take you up on this offer.''

After driving for some time with extreme tension floating they finally reached Valerio's mansion.

As they entered they saw Amara and Javier talking and laughing. Katerina cleared her throat and Amara ran to her quickly and jumped on her.

''I am so sorry I didn't listen to you when you said it was dangerous Rin."

''It's okay Mar just be careful or so help me God I will tie you to the bed.''

''Oh she kinky Valerio good choice.''

Said Javier but Katerina just sent him a death glare.

''Katerina, Javier suggested something and I really want us to do it.''

Said Amara excitement showing in her voice.

''What is it?''

''Let's move in with them here.''

''What?!?''

Both Katerina and Valerio said at the same time.

''Look man I was going to tell you but since you want to keep Katerina safe and I want to keep Amara safe it's the best option.''

''Listen here you asshole. First of all we don't need your protection. Secondly, Valerio and I aren't a thing so I don't think he cares. Lastly, what the fuck did you just say about Amara?''

Said Katerina her rage was quite visible.

''Katerina please calm down, Javier and I just got close since I woke up and we do need help, please you are on your own they have a whole team.''

As she finished Katerina pulled out her gun and aimed it at Javier. But Valerio was quick on it and grabbed her and threw her on the couch. He was on top of her, one hand on her neck and the other grabbing both of her other hands.

''Javier, Amara leave now.''

His voice boomed through the whole living room. They were quick to follow his orders.

''Are fucking mental?''

She asked.

''Let's get one thing straight bambina(baby) , you don't point guns at my men.''

''You can't tell me what to do.''

''Oh you will be begging me to tell you what to do in a while.''

He whispered in her ear. Katerina was after a lot of time weak. Weak because of a man that she just knew for about three weeks.

His smirk was visible because he understood the affect he had on her. He got up just to stir up her head more.

''Anyways, let the youth have fun. They met today and they just clicked. Maybe it's fast but stop being a bitch and let your friend try and be happy.''

''Don't you ever call me a bitch again. I want her safe nothing more.''

''Stay with us. Both of you.''

''You want me to stay with you?''

''Oh si bella(yes beautiful)  it will be easier to make you my queen that way.''

She felt her stomach stir. Why did he have that affect on her? She isn't suppose to feel anything about anyone. Change the subject, change the subject she thought.

''We will move our stuff by Wednesday.''