05:00

The next day, Taeyong disappeared again. It's been like that for a few days now and it's still a mystery to the both of them about their condition. It's like Taeyong's just appearing every night. Wherever he is, Taeyong's there. They were able to cope with everything. Unsurprisingly, their relationship was deeper than they were expecting.

Jaehyun immediately dressed himself up for school before he walked down the stairs to meet up with the gang by the dining table. Everyone was making a fuss until the man appeared and casually taking his seat between Yuta and Mark. The table went quiet which made the man to be curious.

"What? Anything you want to tell me?" Jaehyun asked.

"I thought you felt sick--"

"That was last night, Mark."

"Yeah, it was but you don't want to take some rest?" Mark asked.

Jaehyun shook his head, "I'm fine."

Then they walked out of their apartment and goes straight to their school that was just a few blocks away. Jaehyun was still spacing out from the thought about Taeyong. It was making his head ache from all of this. As much as he wanted to know what's happening, he doesn't know where to start. It was confusing but both of them were trying to figure something out.

They went in and walled their way into the hallways. Students made sure they weren't in the way since they didn't want to be the victim today. They would even get scared when anyone from the gang looked at them. It was like a death glare and they'll automatically be the gang's target.

Everyone splits up to go their rooms and Jaehyun was left with Sicheng. They walked into their room and sat at the farthest back of the room. No one ever dared to sat beside them so they got the whole row. Jaehyun was just about to take his nap since his head was aching from all the thinking but something caught his attention.

"Hey, is that yours?" Jaehyun asked in a straight tone.

The girl he asked jolted and felt shivers down her spine. She turned around, stuttering and has a nervous smile on her pretty face. Just looking at the man scares her. Hopefully, she won't be Jaehyun's target.

"W-What?"

Jaehyun pointed at the book on her desk, "Is that yours?"

The girl nodded, "Y-Yes, why?"

"Can I borrow it?"

"E-Eh?"

Jaehyun wasn't the guy who holds and reads a book. Never in his life, he handled and tried studying its contents, but the man seemed to be interested on reading it. The girl just held the book and handed it to the man.

"Sure...a-anything you want," the girl uttered.

Jaehyun grabbed the book and placed it down on his desk, "Thanks, I'll give it to you later."

"N-No, y-you can give it a-anytime."

The man just nodded before he opened it which made Sicheng surprised what he was doing.

"Jung Jaehyun is reading a fucking book? And it's about Demonology and Spirits? What the fuck is happening to the world?" Sicheng laughed.

Jaehyun scoffed, "Shut the fuck up and just take your nap, or just suck Yuta's dick."

"Oh, great idea. Thanks, Jae."

Sicheng got up and ran out of the room. Jaehyun shook his head and started reading the block of book. It was a heavy one but the man was intrigued with it. The man couldn't believe himself as well but he wanted to learn more about his and Taeyong's situation.

"Thanks for the book," Jaehyun uttered and gave the book he borrowed in class. He didn't listen to the teacher just to finish the book. Well, he never listened to the teacher anyway.

The girl nodded, "You're w-welcome...Are you interested in books like this?"

The man furrowed his eyebrows and it made the girl squeal. She became too cocky that Jaehyun was interested in the same books as her.

"Oh, geez! I-I'm sorry! I didn't m-mean to ask you--"

"No, I actually want to borrow some," Jaehyun uttered.

The girl nodded, "O-Okay. I'll give you t-tomorrow."

"Okay. Thanks."

The girl bowed before the man walked away from her.

Jaehyun caught up with his gang at a nearby arcade since all of them agreed to play after school. He walked into it and found his gang playing bowling. The man walk towards them and sits down on a vacant space. He sighed as he watched Yuta throwing his ball and simply missing every pins.

"Where were you?" Johnny asked.

Jaehyun looked at him and caught a glimpse of Donghyuck and Mark making out.

"I just needed something," the man uttered before his attention went to Yuta.

"You've been acting up weird. You really okay?"

Jaehyun clicked his tongue, "I am, John. Don't worry about me! Because you don't have to."

The man sighed and shrugged then went to give his boyfriend, Ten, some attention. Jaehyun crossed his arms and looked at the time on his phone. It was just early in the afternoon but he badly wants to see Taeyong. He wanted to be with him. Hopefully, the time would go faster.

From the book he read, he still couldn't figure out the situation. He'll try and get some information on the books the girl will be giving him tomorrow. He didn't even bother asking the girl's name. Well, was he interested? No.

"Hyung, you wanna play?" Donghyuck asked Jaehyun.

Jaehyun raised an eyebrow, "I play with a bet, sweetheart."

"Alright. The loser gets to get spanked by the winner and he'll buy the whole gang dinner."

The man smirked and stood up. He stretched his arms and neck. He even removed his jacket and placed it down the seat. Donghyuck might've forgotten that he played basically won trophies from bowling competitions.

"Okay, fullsun. Show me what you've got."