Father's Day Fluff

It was the usual day in the Palace. The servants, doing their usual cleaning routine. The knights, training until they practically drop. And, of course, the Emperor himself doing his usual paperwork. The day was like any other; calm and serene. Not much was happening, since everyone was getting ready for the upcoming debutante.

That is, until a certain Felix Robane came in barging in the Emperor's office. He came in sweating, as if he just ran a mile within a minute just to get there.

"Y-Your Majesty!"

Claude didn't even bother looking up. He just hummed in response, signing a few of the proposals. Emphasis on few because the Board of Council hasn't been really doing well in ideas. They've been nothing but idiots lately, ticking off Claude like a bomb.

However, Felix was still startled. He approached Claude. "It's the Princess, Your Majesty." he breathed out, trying to settle down. "She--- she hasn't come out of her bed for the whole day."

Claude raised an eyebrow, his eyes never leaving the papers. Athanasia was a teenager, of course she'd be like that. All moody and all that jazz. It was normal, so not much could worry him.

"Leave her be," he said calmly. "She can take a day off of her lessons."

He knew all too well that the lessons were taking a toll on her. She was juggling ethics, academics, and even swordsmanship. Somehow, along the months Athanasia convinced Claude that she can multi-task swordsmanship, despite her additional lessons due to her debutante. It made sense that she'd be tired.

Felix shook his head frantically. "N-no," he stuttered out. "Lillian York said she was bleeding,"

Bleeding? That was the only time Claude stopped his paperwork.

He dropped his pen and got up.

Was Athanasia injured due to training? Was it too intense? 

Claude could feel his anger already starting. He needed to ask Athanasia personally on who was her instructor, since Nicolai's current condition wasn't suitable to teach. If he needed to punish them accordingly, then he'd be more than willing to do so.

Just like that, the Emperor practically stopped all his work. He then went to the Emerald Palace, with Felix by his side.

----------------

Felix opened the doors to the Emerald Palace, with Claude practically radiating all his anger through his mana. Every servant practically bowed in fear. The Emperor was just that powerful. So, when they entered, both men quickly made their way to the Princess' bedroom.

In the Princess' doorway were two knights, standing in full pride and honor. They greeted the Emperor, fear present in their voices. Then, as if on time, Lily got out of Athanasia's room with a tray.

"Y-Your Majesty!" she bowed lightly, a bit startled but not scared. She already knew why Claude was here, being the overprotective father he is.

"Where is my daughter, Lillian York?"

Lily smiled softly, trying to ease off the atmosphere. "She is resting inside her room," she answered, her voice of reassurance. "The Princess has been looking for you the whole day, too."

Claude rolled his eyes. "Tsk," Whatever Athanasia was suffering from, he'd cure it. He couldn't bear the thought of her being in pain, or whoever caused it. He then made his way to the room, leaving Felix and Lily at the hallway.

Felix looked over at Lily. "Is she alright, Lily?" he asked, his voice full of worry.

Lily ended up laughing. These men would never really understand a woman's pain, huh?