Ten

A few days later it's time for Jamia to break up with Brendon. Gerard, Amy, and I promise to have her back. The three of us approach him at lunch.

"Brendon I need to speak with you."

Jamia says demandingly.

"I'd prefer to speak in private but we can do it here if you'd like."

"I'm trying to discuss tactics with the team right now babe. Later."

Jamia looks back at us worried. We shake our heads and motion for her to continue.

"No. We're talking now."

"Okay fine. Why did you bring them?"

"They're my friends. They helped me. Listen I cant date you anymore. You've turned me into a bad, hateful person and I cant truly be myself when i'm with you. I'm sorry but that's how it is."

"Excuse me?"

Gerard steps forward.

You heard her.

Brendon rises to his feet and stands chest to chest with Gerard.

"What did you do to my girlfriend? Huh?"

I didnt do anything.

"You like him now Jamia? Well news flash hes gay just like Frank fucking Iero. Remember when you went after him too?"

Brendons football friends snicker at that. Finally paying attention to our conversation.

"Brendon. I'm not straight either. This is my...girlfriend. Amy."

The boys sitting at Brendons table start laughing.

"I swear to fucking UGH YOU TURNED MY GIRLFRIEND GAY YOU FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU."

Then a cute boy a little taller than me with long messy brown hair, a vest, and a headband comes up behind us.

"Brendon are you alright?"

He asks quietly.

"RYAN I SWEAR IF YOU SAY ONE WORD ABOUT US FUCKING I WILL KILL YOU TOO."

Brendon as if realizing what he just said turns a violent shade of red. He grabs his duffle bag and runs out of the cafeteria leaving the entire lunchroom of kids stunned and the football team laughing.

Gerard is the first to speak.

So is anyone in this schools straight?

Jamia and Amy laugh. The guy named Ryan turns pink and mutters something about needing to find Brendon. As he scurries off Gerard hugs me tight and whispers in my ear.

We did it Frankie. They wont ever bother us again.

I smile and kiss him right there in front of the whole football team and lunchroom. A few of the boys hoot and clap.

Later that day Jamia brings Amy on our bus and they sit in the back row with us. We laugh together and exchange numbers. I guess people can change and my mom was right, not everyone is a bad person, even if they do bad things.

Jamia and Amy get off the bus leaving Gerard and I alone. I hold his hand.

Y-you're so confident w-with your words.

It took a lot of practice and a painful experience to get to where I am.

Y-you stood up t-to them. Y-you helped m-me. D-do you ever th-think I could s-stop stuttering and b-be confident like y-you?

Frankie I think you can do anything.

He gives me a peck on the lips before getting off the bus. It was his night to have dinner with his parents by themselves.

I ride down my street, my lips still tingling from the kiss. As I step down the stairs of the bus I notice that there was mail in the mailbox. I bound toward it and take out a single formal looking letter. Its addressed to me from one of the schools I applied to in New York!

I tear open the letter and gasp.

Frank Anthony Iero Jr.,

On behalf of the University, we congratulate you on your acceptance into our school. Please read carefully the information attached on how to enroll and apply for housing and dining plans as well as scholarships and other resources...

I let out a small sheik of excitement. I got accepted into college! Not only that, but the college that was only 20 minutes away from the art school Gerard applied to.

I have to tell him and my mom. They will be so proud. I run inside the house and yell for my mom. She was asleep and I startled her but she was so happy for me and my good news. She told me that she would go to the store and get ingredients to make my favorite spaghetti and vegetarian meatballs.

Once she left I whip put my phone and punch in Gerards name and call him. He picks up on the tenth ring.

Hey what's going on?

I-I G-GOT ACCEPTED INTO COLLEGE! T-THE ONE O-ONLY 20 MINUTES AWAY F-FROM YOUR ART S-SCHOOL!!!

That's awesome Frankie! I'm so happy for you, and proud.

Y-you helped. I-I could have never done th-this without you. I-I love you Gerard.

I love you too Frank.