Pt.32 Nights change

Chapter 32

Maksim raced down the busy streets of Paris until he arrived at the address Ella had given him over the phone. He entered the little stop and stopped immediately when he was greeted by a museum of feminine clothes things and items.

"What the hell?" He asked when he spotted Ella standing in front of the floor length mirror.

"Oh you're here!" Ella turned around.

For a few seconds Maksim forgot all about why he was mad at her and wanted to yell. Ella stood on the tiny pedestal in front of the mirror dressed in a silver satin slip dress as the sales lady attending to her held her hair up to show the scooped open back of the dress.

"What do you think?" Ella asked when she noticed him looking her up and down as if he could devour her.

"This is why you called me?" Maksim narrowed his eyes.

"No, I actually need your card," Ella smiled as she stepped down from the pedestal. She turned to the saleslady and spoke in perfect French, "You can have him sign the bill. I'll go change and you can pack this one too."

"Of course, Madam," the woman smiled.

Maksim stared at Ella in disbelief as she hurried off into the dressing room to change. A minute later, the woman came out with the dress and began to pack it.

"Ella," Maksim said as he walked up to the entrance of the dressing room. "This isn't funny."

"I agree," Ella said from the inside. "I don't understand why you think that I think it's funny."

"What are you doing here?"

"Delivering a calf," Ella snorted. "What do you think, Max? I told you I needed new clothes."

"And I told you to leave."

"And I told you I wasn't leaving you."

Maksim grew more and more irritated with her behavior. He was thankful her little stunt had only sent him on a goose chase to a clothing store, but he was pissed that she wasn't taking him seriously.

"Sir," the sales woman walked up to Maksim with the bill.

He shook his head as he pulled out his wallet and handed the woman his card. As the lady left to go change him, Ella stepped out of the dressing room in a completely new outfit.

"What do you think?" She asked Maksim as she walked to the mirror.

Maksim wanted to continue the conversation about why she needed to leave him the hell alone, but was distracted by the way the little skirt Ella wore hugged her hips. She had on sheer black stockings and a white cropped sweater that teased the waistband of the skirt. As he stared she pulled on knee high black boots and a tan peacoat.

"Don't I look so cute?" She turned to look at her mate when he didn't comment.

"You look horrible," Maksim lied. He immediately regretted his words as the light in Ella's eyes dimmed and she frowned.

Damn it, Max. What the fuck? Maksim thought as his heart sank and his wolf whimpered.

But as Ella walked away from him to the lady packing her bags, Maksim got an idea. He didn't like it but he figured if he was rude to her enough, she would give up and leave. After all, she already called him a spoiled brat. He might as well take full responsibility for the name.

"Thank you," Ella thanked the lady behind the counter as she grabbed her bags.

Maksim walked out of the store not bothering to hold the door for Ella or her bags. He bit down on his jaw as he heard the door slam into her bags and her give a little yelp.