Chapter 17. All I Want

I felt him begin to get nervous. He pushed me away and said " I'm sorry brodi i have to go!" I yell out to him " Soda wait! where are you going?" He stopped and stared at me. he slowly took off his sweater, leaving him shirtless. He then said " Never forget me, keep this close to you.." He then turned around and started running.

I just sat there, with Soda's sweater in my hands. I started to cry, but i couldn't stop. I was confused and helpless. After all this time he just left for no reason. He gave me his sweater, A jean jacket. I was just in shock. I didn't move for the longest time. I felt the urge to go after him, but I knew it would make things worse. All these scenarios are going through my head, but then i repeat something Soda said before coming to the tree.     " No one ever said it would be so hard...."

I grasp onto his sweater, I then stand up and begin to walk to my house. While walking the streets  everything became colder. It started raining but didn't pick up my walking speed. There is no use.  My eyes got blurry from my tears. waves of sadness came over me several times. One time i almost wanted to just stop on the street. I could barely breath, and my whole body was shaking. 

I had no idea whether to be sad or mad. Times i wanted the throw the jacket on the ground, and other times i just wanted to hold it close to me. Street lights where a blur to me. I could no longer feel tears going down my face, i was so numb that i couldn't feel anything. Not even the rain falling on my skin.

I was cold, but it felt wrong to put Soda's sweater on.So i just walked the streets till i reached my house. I realized Dally might be home. So  tried my best to wipe my tears from my face. I opened the door and saw him over in the kitchen. I quickly ran to the restroom. He definitely saw me come in. but i quickly closed the bathroom door.

As I did i left Soda's sweater outside the bathroom door. I heard Dally walk over to the door. i stared at myself in the mirror. I started to cry even more. I felt like an idiot crying, because i really didn't need to. I got angry at myself for crying and threw something on the floor of the bathroom that was glass. I started to cry even more. 

I could hear Dally yelling outside of the door, it seemed faint as i wanted to close my eyes. Like i said before. Nothing really changes... I heard Dally yell out. " Brodi what are you doing?" I leaned myself against the shower. I put my hands on the ground, and some of the glass cut me. I didn't reply to Dally until he tried getting in the door. " i'm fine, i promise..."