Chapter 66

Kaso sayang talaga nag backfire ata paghingi ko ng tulong, eto ako ngayon nag dridrive mag isa sa sasakyan dahil pinasakay ko si Evan kay Dawn para may kasama siya. Grabe ang lungkot naman andon na eh nasa moment na kami, but my surprise doesn't end there. I actually asked dad and tito if I can change the ring that they gave me for our wedding, they said yes and had a better idea. When they went biking awhile ago I met up with them "here" dad handed me a box "ano to?" I looked at it "well when we called you kanina dahil nadulas si Von about your plan, napilitan kang sabihin samin ni Greg that you want to change the ring diba" I just nodded. Tito Greg walked over to us, we were overlooking the city. "That ring isn't the most expensive but your dad and I bought it when we were young" he smiled at the recollection

Closeted gay ata tong dalawang to at sila talaga in love sa isa't isa, feel ko naisip ni dad ano iniisip ko binatukan ako "Richard, I know you too well" I chuckled. "Binili namin yan dahil we had a promise that whoever's son marries first has to give this to his wife" dad added. "Did you guys ever think na mauunahan ako ni Von kaya nasayo to tito?" I opened the box and they laughed "so totoo nga" I chuckled with them. Dad took the ring out "we bought it with the money from our first legal victories" it was a simple gold band lang "we never thought that we it will be Dawn who will wear it" tito grinned. I planned on buying Dawn a flashy ring not because she wants one but I thought the more grand it is the more it will show my love for her.

But I was wrong seeing how proud and contempt dad and tito is with this simple ring made me realize that it's not the worth of the ring but it's the love you're actually willing to show her. I pulled them both for a group hug "salamat" I said while walking to the car "saan ka pupunta?" mama shouted "I have a wife to surprise" I said and drove away. We finally made it home sa bahay na daw matutulog si epal ay Evan pala, I opened the glove box and smiled when I saw the ring. Dawn already went in with Evan, I placed the ring in my pocket and follow them inside the house. Wala nang tao sa sala when I got there but I saw one of the ate's cleaning "saan si Dawn?" I asked "ay sir nasa sculpting room po niya" "ah ganon ba, salamat" I smiled at her and walked to the sculpting room.

I stood in the door lang she was on the phone with her back facing me, she's so busy but she made time to get the car kahit na sobrang shitty nung excuse ko. She made time for me, I was looking at her tenderly when she turned around and raised her brows as if asking me why I'm there "wala, wala" I said, she covered the phone "yes Mr. Mayor?" I chuckled because we're still at it "wala Ms. Zulueta, i'm just checking in on you, oh by the way I'll be in the shower but feel free to join me" I winked at her "hmmm, I'll think about it" she gave me a coy smile. I chuckled and gave her a flying kiss she caught it and then threw it on the floor sabay dila sakin. Abno din to si Dawn pag sinasapian eh, I acted scared and she laughed tapos shooed me away then returned to her call.

DAWN
"what was that?" Brenda the owner of the magazine asked me "nothing" I chuckled, it's just Richard being himself. "Did you ask the mayor of Savion?" she always sounds bossy kaya sanay na ako "not yet, when's the interview ba?" "what the heck Dawn, we want it as soon as possible he's a sought after bachelor" her tone sounds hopeful. Richard? my Richard a bachelor? oh no no diyan kayo nagkakamali. "what makes you think he's a bachelor" I scoffed "well okay I know you're related naman kaya I will tell you" I raised my brows "ok go ahead" "I heard some rumors kasi na he's looking for a girlfriend" she giggled "ahhh, really" patay malisya ako kunyare. Ang bobo naman nito hindi ba niya alam na Gomez apilido ko, ay shit I've been using Gomez-Zulueta as my surname for work.