Chapter 3

3rd Person POV

9 : 3 5 A M

Lloyd and Nya went to the local library to start the hunt for a job. "So, library...you like books?"

"They're...interesting..." Lloyd admitted, as they approached the front desk. Nya placed her hands on the counter, "Hi."

The librarian looked up and smiled, "Can I help you two?"

Nya nudged Lloyd, who blinked and cleared his throat. "I'm looking for a job. Do you have any open spaces?"

"Hmm..." she stared at her computer screen before shaking her head, "Unfortunately we have no openings for a job, I'm afraid." Lloyd stepped back, "Of course. Sorry to trouble you."

They left the library and Lloyd pointed out a small convenience store. He pushed the door open and they made their way to the till, where again, they got the same response.

This went on and on for all the places they checked out: Traffic guard, blacksmith, carer, waiter, everything.

At long last they came across a street with fancy houses. "What about Estate Agent? I can negotiate pretty well...and all I have to do is persuade people to buy the house...right?"

"That's true-"

"Well then let's go!" he grabbed Nya's arm and pulled her along to the Estate Building. They entered and Lloyd rushed up to the desk, "Do you guys have an opening for a job?"

"As a matter of fact, yes." The two silently fist-bumped, "Can I have your first and last name, and details?"

"Sure, my name is Lloyd Garmadon-"

"Sorry, did you say...Lloyd Garmadon?" 

"Y-Yeah..."

"Hang on..." he typed something into his computer and his face was filled with a frown, "It seems you are not applicable for a job. You've been blacklisted."

The blonde frowned, "By who?"

"Legally, I cannot say-"

Nya slammed her hand down on the counter, "Answer the question!"

The man's face grew stiff, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." Nya glared at him, before they left the building and roamed down the street.

"Great. I've been blacklisted and I can't find a job! I just wanted to help my Mom out. Who would've done this?"

They boarded a bus, "Let's ask Zane and Pixal." The bus drove off.

1 0 : 0 2 A M

"Hmm...I can hack into it." Zane tells the two. Pixal typed something in, "Look, it turns out you were blacklisted today at 9:01 sharp. Where were you at that time?"

"On my way to the diner after...after Chen offered me a job and I refused!"

"Then he's the prime suspect in this. Our suspicions will be confirmed in 3...2...1..."

Blacklist Report

Forename: Lloyd

Surname: Garmadon

Age: 18

Height:  5'9

Appearance: Blonde, green eyes.

Complaint Lodged By: Amoren Chen