Chapter 2

"Father? Are you here?" Called America, as he pushed open the door of the house, only to find no one there. Just silence.

He walked in slowly, eyeing everything as he did so.

"I gotta say, your house is nice." Said USSR, looking around at the spotless room.

"Dad made us clean it after I tried looking at the back of the second top drawer." The American replied.

"Why does he keep saying that?" Said USSR, recalling all the times he mentioned it.

"He doesn't seem to realise just how many times he's said it."

"Well go over there then." Said Russia.

"But it might be priva..." America paused for a moment, "what am I saying? He's missing! Fuck it."

He rushed up the stairs to his room. Russia and USSR glanced at each other before following him, making sure not to lose him in the many hallways they had. America busted open the door and quickly scanned the room before fixing his eyes on a drawer. He ran over to it with the others following.

He kneeled in front of the hazelnut-brown polished drawer.

God dammit it had a chunky lookin' lock hanging from it.

"K just leave this to me." Said USSR, pulling up his sleeves. Russia backed up against the wall and America just stepped out of the way, curious to know what he'll do next. He took the lock and just pulled it clean off, breaking the lock like it was nothing. The particles of metal flinging in different directions, just leaving a slightly jagged 2 pieces of the lock. "This one seems old."

"Yeah, he didn't have any others I don't think. He decided he would use a lock after he found out that a lock on his door wouldn't work on me." America said with a hint of confidence.

America walked over to the drawer and knelt down in front of it. He hesitated. He didn't know why. It just felt wrong.

"Are you going to do it?" Asked Russia, puzzled as to why America was being so reluctant.

"Ah yeah, heh." Said the American, pulling open the second top drawer with the wooden knob, to find heaps and heaps of dust exploding out of the drawer in the American's face. Russia and USSR stepped back as America choked on the dust for a good 3 minutes before  swiping it away and slowly shoving his hand in it and exploring the back.

He leaned forward and finally pulled out a notebook. It seemed very ancient, with 'notes' written in gold cursive on the scarlett cover. Some of the page ends were dog-eared and it crumpled at some bits. It also had a yellowish tint to it and smelled very strongly of tea.

"Is this it?" Asked the American.

"You should check." Said Russia, shifting uncomfortably.

America looked around for anything out of the usual. Nothing. Just a few business papers and a few pens.

He looked back at the book and wiped off the thick layer dust particles of the book with the palm of his hand, revealing the title clearly now.

"Hm, just notes?" Muttered USSR, looking over his shoulder.

"Open it already." Said Russia, clearly wanting to know what's inside it.

America opened it. The first page. Empty. The second page. Empty. The third page. Empty. America skipped to the last page. It looked like a letter. But it looked like it was in Britain's hand writing. Huh.

"It reads,

Dear Brother,

You make my plans a little hard, but that's okay. Once you're out of the way, I'll be dandy.