Chapter 12

"Really?" Whispered America, deep in thought.

"Yeah, and that's bout it." Finished the Scot, playing with his hands in his lap. Wait, he never did that. He shifted them to the side as soon as he realised.

"I've never seen anything like it," Said USSR, "but then again, I forget all my history classes."

"Doesn't England have more citizens than you?" Russia asked.

"That means he'll act very mixed personality wise, mostly on the English side, but we'll see."

"Ughhhhhh dammit." Scotland buried his face in his hands, clearly pissed.

Ireland put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"It'll be alright, okay?"

Scotland smiled in return.

"Yeah."

"But we found out so much! Can't we find him now?" USSR said.

"Yeah we can but, we don't even know if he's home." Russia replied.

"That is why we'll be going anyway." Said America, standing up. He put on his shoes and a light jacket on.

"Well, okay." Said USSR simply. He only wanted to see if Britain was really okay, or actually dead, which he couldn't shake the thought of. It's hard though, he was the only country that seemed to actually care. He missed his beautiful smile, his scent, his- no Soviet. No

Russia and USSR put on their boots and dragged Scotland and Ireland with them as they knew the location.

"Soo, I remember going over here." Said Scotland, pointing at random paths until they found a trap door hidden by some dirt and tree branches.

"It's here." Scotland said breathlessly, not quite sure what to do next.

"Okay, now we break in-" Russia started excitedly, but America cut him off.

"We see if anyone's home."

"Fine."

USSR put his ear to the door to hear any movement, talking or even breathing. None.

"Okay," His face became cold and stern, "if he's home, we beat the shit out of him."

But then he stopped and thought about it.

"Without hurting Britain." He added.

Russia rolled his eyes and started opening the door, which was weirdly unlocked.

"Yeah this is a red flag we should lea-" started Russia.

"Do you know nothing about horror movies? Not everyone makes it out dead you know." America said, flinging it open.

"You're an idiot you know that."

"Why thank you!" America said proudly, jumping in like he'd done it billions of times before.

They followed him in and found themselves in a dimly lit hallway leading down by some dirt stairs.

"Reminds me of Minecraft." Said America, admiring the dirt.

"You're wierd." Said Russia, looking at the walls.

"Aww, no you are!" Said America in a mock lovey dovey voice,

"No-"

"Hey we're not doing this now. When we save Britain's skin, literally, imma give him the-"

America gave him the look. The kind of look that you would never want to get from your friend's child. The kind of look that you would get if the friend left and you were left with the child. The kind of look that says the child knows more than you thought.