Chapter 7

La la la la la~

Pink little gummy bears dancing around trees of maple syrup! Oh! It's a maple fountain over there!

We shall all dance! Right Canada?

"Mhm!"

Let us celebrate this discovery with a...

Human sacrifice

"Dammit not again."

Fight fight figh-

"Ow!" Groaned Canada, rubbing his head.

"Heh, that felt nice." Said Vatican, holding a pillow in his arm.

"Why'd you have to hit me with that? It hurtt." Whined Canada, sitting up in bed and crossing his arms.

Canada looked over at the person who hit him and was very surprised to see Vatican, who he originally thought was a child at first glance.

"People don't do that? But I saw it so many times in movies."

"Only friends are allowed to do that, not a priest."

"I've taken a break. The church doesn't seem that safe anymore anyway," said Vatican, "and what did you say about friends?"

"Do you even know what a friend is?" Said Canada, still pissed that he had been interrupted in the middle of the most epic anime fights in existence to listen to anything he just said.

Vatican thought.

"No, no I don't, but that's not the point," he hopped off the bed and turned to him, "the point is, you're in danger, and all your other brothers."

"Eh?"

"I messaged you something but you didn't answer me in a 30 minute time span so I decided to just wake you up and tell you."

"I was asleeepp."

"Likely story, no one sleeps at that hour."

"I do."

Vatican gave him a dirty look and opened his bedroom door.

"Get ready, because we're going into hiding."

"But why? What happened?"

"I'll tell you soon enough, now chop chop, you don't want to be late!"

"You act like my mum."

"I don't act like a mum. Just listen to me and there'll be no consequences, how does that sound?" Said Vatican, walking out of the door and into the hallway.

"That's one of the only times I'll ever see Vatican without his funky hat."

Canada checked his phone to see the most recent news, not very interesting, but eh.

"Wait..." he narrowed his eyes at the screen, "France... died?"

He was in utter disbelief. Wait how what when and why??

Canada didn't know what to think, he just remembered Vatican saying, "even the church doesn't seem that safe anymore."

"But it's one murder." He said to himself, still not believing what he's saying.

"One murder. No, I should tell Ukraine I'll be leaving." He jumped off the bed and got changed.

"What am I getting myself into?"

...

"Hop in. We're going to my secret place I call, my happy place." Said Vatican, not realising how sad that sounded.