Chapter 14

"Hey Norman" Emma said and we both looked at her. "Couldn't we tell Ray about this?" She asked. "Oh yes, we could tell Ray about this later or now if you want?" I ask. "I was thinking the same thing" Norman replied. "He wouldn't panic over it, and his vast knowledge extends to machines, too" Norman said.

"I'm sure he'd be a great help" Norman continued. "But..." Norman trailed off. "But?" Me and Emma said the same time. "I'll tell him myself. You two head back to the house...-" Norman said but was caught off by the person we we're currently talking about. "Why?" Asked Ray coming out of the bushes. "Ray?" Emma asked.

"Yo" Ray said plainly. 'Seriously? Of all the things he could've said he chose 'Yo'?' I thought to myself. "Sorry. I followed you" He said plainly again Norman chuckled awkwardly, Emma gave out a surprised "Huh?!" and I just sighed. "I figured it was about time I got you guys to spill the beans" He said again but now giving a book to me.

And he walked to the back of me and Emma. He suddenly put both of his arms down. "What happened at the gate that night?" He asked intimidatingly. "Back when you went to deliver Little Bunny to Conny, I mean" He asked.

"You we're acting strangely. And you said you missed it, but you came back empty-handed" Ray explained. "You're too sharp" Norman complained. Then he squeezed me and Emma his arms still around us. "There no way nothing happened! Sp spit it out!" He yelled at me as I was mentally crying.

"Yes, your really smart too" Emma added slowly looking up. And I just nodded still mentally crying.

After they explained everything to Ray
"Demons...A farm" Ray said sweat dropping and I nodded. "Mama's an enemy?" He asked himself. "This is messed up" He said casually looking up making me and Emma shocked. "You digested that quickly!" Emma complained. And I just nodded violently. "So basically, we're carefully-monitored demon food?" He asked holding his ID number as I did the same.

"And wait..." Emma said my attention now on her. "Why did you believe us that quickly?" She asked pointing at Ray accusingly. "Why wouldn't I?" He asked. "Norman would never lie about something like this. Your one thing Emma, but not him" Ray said and Emma looked a little heart broken but still. "Oh but I don't know about Y/n, but she seems like she wouldn't lie about this" Ray said looking at me.

Emma then just hunched her back. "Anyway, there are a bunch of issues. When it comes to making an escape" Ray said. "The biggest is the number. If we limit it to those who can actually-" Ray said but was cut off. "WAIT!" Me and Emma shout we both looked at each other then at Ray.

"We want to" Emma said. "Get everyone out" I continued. "Help us, Ray" Emma said and I tried to do the thing people called the 'puppy dog eyes'. I guess Rat was shocked by this because he said next was "Everyone? Your kidding right?". "There are 37 of us. Most are below the age of six. With Mama, the demons, and the transmitters escaping is already difficult, and it will get much worse if we take everyone" Ray explained.

"We know that!" I said. "But its not impossible for—" Emma said before she was cut off by Ray. "No, it is impossible. Emma, Y/n, you haven't realised, have you?" Ray asked. Emma and Me then made a 'huh?' sound as Norman said "Wait, Ray!".

"I see. Thats why you wanted to talk to me alone" Ray said. "These things should be spelled out" Ray said as he walked over to me and Emma. "Emma, Y/n" He said turning to us as he said our names. "What?" Me and Emma said. "Just escaping this place isn't enough" Ray said.

"Huh? What do you mean Ray?" I ask tilting my head to the side. "We don't know what's going on in the outside world, but there are buyers for us out there. The very fact that there are farms like this should tell you all you need to know. What awaits outside is a society controlled by demons. In the worst case, there may not be anywhere for us humans to live" Rat explained.