Prologue

Christian Serratos as Zara Brolin 

Emily Rudd as Erin Stark

The rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy as themselves

Chris Hemsworth as Thor Odinson

~~~~~~~~~

April 1st, 2014

The Kree. Divided into terrorists and peacemakers. And I was on the side of the killers. Ronan was now ranging war against the Xandarians with my sisters and me at his right hand to do his bidding. 

Silently, I watch as Ronan executes another Xandarian representative, believing he can cure them like their race is a disease. Gamora was nowhere to be seen but Nebula came waltzing in, proclaiming the return of Korath. 

As I walk into the throne room, I see Gamora standing on one side of Ronan's chair, her hands clasped tightly behind her back. I stop right beside her and Ronan takes his place. Korath comes in, steam practically pouring out of his ears. 

"He is a thief, Master, an outlaw known as Starlord. But we have heard of his agreement to hand off the orb to someone known as the Broker," he says bitterly but always keeping his respect. 

"I promised Thanos I would retrieve the Orb for him," his name sends a shiver down my spine. "Only then will he destroy Xandar for me." 

"Nebula, Zara, go to Xandar and get me the Orb." 

The look of annoyance after his words crosses her face, she hates it when I'm assigned as her babysitter. Nonetheless, she steps forward, unearthing her bloodguilty smile. 

"It would be my honour," she replies hoarsely. 

"It will be your doom," Gamora interrupts me before I can say a word. "If this happens again, you will be returning to Father without his prize." 

"I am a daughter of Thanos, just like you and Zara."

"And I know Xandar. As well Zara knows the Broker." Gamora spits back. 

"Ronan has already decreed that I-"

"Do not speak for me." Ronan reminds in a menacing tone, causing Nebula to back away. 

Ronan walks closer to the two of us, the rotting smell of his breath making me want to gag. However, I stand firm, quiet, emotionless. 

"You will not fail," he tells us. 

"Have we ever?" I reply pointedly. 

We are dismissed from Ronan's presence. As soon as we are out of earshot, I turn to Gamora. 

"Has he agreed upon our deal?" I whisper while opening up the doors to where all the ships are arranged. 

"Yes and for a pricey sum. Enough to get us far away from our father," she whispers in return. 

As we both board the ship, I can feel the energy pulsing throughout its body, just waiting to be ignited. Gamora turns it on and the battery hums to life, like an angel's voice whispering in my ear. I ignore it, instead distracting myself by turning switches and inputting coordinates. 

"Are you sure you can do this?" Gamora asks me. 

"I'm sure," I reply. 

With that, we blast off from Ronan's ship and speed our way into Xandar.