Chapter 8-

Demi-

"Drug's? Drug's! Are you serious?!"

I gulped.

"I can help you Camila. You just have to tell me." I held onto her wrists tightly as she fidgeted trying to escape my grip.

"You can't help me! Don't you get that?" She pulled her arm's back but I still didn't let her go.

"Just calm down." Camila still pulled in my grip.

That's when she broke down.

She dropped to the floor tears flooding from her eye's. She pulled her knee's into her chest and wrapped her arm's around her legs curling herself into a ball.

Her arm's suppressed her broken sobs leaving her mouth.

Kneeling down next to her I rubbed her back trying to calm her down.

"I..I can't d...do this." She lifted her head and looked into my eye's.

"Can't do what? Please let me help you?" I brushed her hair back from her face.

"I can't do this on my own. It's too hard." She wiped the tears from her face with the tips of her finger's.

"What's too hard? Are you in trouble?"

"Promise you won't tell the girls?" She was pleading to me with her eye's.

"Hhh..." I paused thinking."Ok I promise you."

"I..I have c...c...cancer." She sniffed and looked upwards to the ceiling.

"Oh my god. Come here." I wrapped arms around her body. "It's okay. I'm going to help you any way I can."

We stayed in the embrace for a while before someone knocked on the door.

She shot straight up to her feet and wiped her face.

I followed standing up to join her.

"Ugh Miss Lovato you have last minute rehearsals in 5." A mans voice spoke through the door.

"Yes thank you I'll be there in a minute!" I turned my head back to Camila. "Hey come with me to rehearsal?" She nodded in response, her eye's swollen and red.

Two hours later...

Ally-

Mila had been gone for the past 2 or so hours. The girls were still worried but we knew she was with Demi so she would be okay with her.

"What's going on with her?" Lauren asked the three of us sitting on the couch with her. No one answered her.

She turned to me. "Come on Ally you know everything about the four of us. You must know something?"

"I ughhh...no I don't." I shook my head.

She squinted her left eye parting her mouth slightly before focusing her eyesight back to the other girls.

"Well something's going on."

"Where is she anyway?" Normani spoke up.

"Well she's still with Demi. Talking I guess." I grabbed the glass filled with water from the table in front of the couch taking a sip. Wiping away the condensation covering my palm on my thigh.

"Well whatever is going on with her, she better get her shit together soon because we have the fan sound check in 30." Mani abruptly stood up and left the group.

"What's wrong with her?" Dinah looked at Lauren.

"Well...maybe she's just sick of the secrets and not knowing what's going on with her." Lauren looked down to her knee's, fiddling with her intertwined hands.