CH 9 Resting Is Good

( Third p.o.v )

It was a new day the others slept in as Greed was the only one up. He had just finished a hot shower to relax his muscles before stretching. He wasn't too troubled about fighting Tartarus this morning but it's always good to prepare. Tartarus was in the middle of doing his rounds setting up for his battle with Greed. Slowly but surely the stands filled up with a mob bigger than last night. Lots of ears heard of the big battle occurring this forenoon.

Tartarus used his intense voice as he announced the beginning of the fight. Many applauded at his greeting anticipating the action. "Now ladies and gentlemen the fight you've been waiting for. Here he is Wrath's right-hand man, one of the seven deadly sins Greed."
Greed flashed into the stadium ready to go. He had his red breastplate strapped to his chest along with his shin guards and arm braces on. Tartarus followed suite making his chain mail shirt materialize on him. The giant board started its count down from five as the buzzer went off making the festivity initiate.

( Greed's p.o.v )

Tartarus eyed me for a decent amount of time before putting his hands in a time out position. "How we make this a three-round battle. Hand to hand first. Sword fighting second. The third will be a test of endurance and power?" Tartarus proposed. I kept my guard up while trying to decide," Okay you got a deal. But no armor on while we do this we are gonna battle like real men." Tartarus grinned in approval as he made his chain mail shirt disappear. I made my armor disperse right after as we circled each other for round one.

I saw what I thought was an opening to take instead, Tartarus uppercut the ever-living shit out of me. I was literally off the floor for a decent moment before dropping onto my rear. I sat up spitting out golden blood from my mouth. "This just got exhilarating, " I told him. "Let's see what you got, little one, " Tartarus insulted. I went in for what looked to be a tackle as intended Tartarus caught me. "That the best you got," he teased once more. I smirked at him making his grin drop. I brought my leg up from behind to kick him in the face. He stumbled back spitting out golden blood of his own. "Now we're straight," I laughed hysterically.

Tartarus came at me wildly this time revealing a bit of his fury. I dodged his tricks proceeding to slur hurt remarks at him. "That's the best you can do," I mocked him. He swung quicker now but still couldn't land a hit. "Guess my father's speed is more sufficient than yours." He started grunting until he finally landed a blow to my gut. It looked like an anime scene as flew all the way back into a wall. Crawling out of the cracked imprint in the wall I spit additional blood out. I was gonna let out a remark when he quickly reached me landing another punch to my face. "Alright, that's enough playing around."
I started throwing my own punches back at him.

We moved swiftly as we each through hands and kicks at each other. Sometimes we landed good hits other times we didn't have any contact. At this point, we were both panting while sweat and blood rolled down our bodies. "The first one on their ass next loses. This is taking too long," I declared. He nodded at me, " Fine by me." I started running straight for him yelling," Don't hold back because all the strength I have left is in this one." He started doing the same with a wicked grin," Wouldn't dream about it." I pulled back my arm using all the last of my stamina for this punch. Right as I hit his face he hit mine as well, both of us had blood fly out our mouth. I tried to stay up but it didn't happen slowly I fell hard right on my ass.

The crowd went wild as I simply laid there while Tartarus settled on his knees. We relaxed for a good minute before he got up to declare himself the winner of the first round. I saw a monster bring out two potions, he drank one giving me the other.

"Whoa...now that I feel a hundred percent again. Round two will begin in ten minutes. The next fight will be a sword-fighting duel," Tartarus proclaimed. I slowly got up not feeling down in any way now. "That wasn't half bad your now the second primordial to kick my ass Nyx was the first. Let me tell you never piss that woman off." Tartarus chuckled dusting himself off a bit then summoned a beautiful blue sword. So that's why he doesn't have it anymore I thought to myself. "I see you're staring at it. Do you like it?" Tartarus asked.