Chapter 16

The next few days has been okay for the both of us. Since no one knows that us two are dating in secret, one of us had to leave home to school early and the other have to leave a bit later so we won't be seen together out of the house.Today was a different case..

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay at home?" Aiden asked worryingly.

"Y-yeah..don't worry about me.You should get going though.You are going to be late." I said while coughing.

"Alright alright I will go.It's just you are sick and I should be taking care of you but it can't be helped.Be careful and rest okay?" He asked as he got his bag and walked up to the front door.

"Yep.Your girlfriend is strong.Nothing will happen.Besides, I can take care of the house for you!" I said. Aiden smiled and ran up to me and gave me a quick peck on the lips and left.I sighed in relief when the front door closed.

"Finally he left..but it was so cute to see him being so worried and caring towards me even though I faked being sick!" I squealed.

There was a reason why I'm faking me being sick and that is I need to go to my house.No I'm not going to go back there and live with that psycho.You must be crazy if you thought that.Actually the reason why I'm going back is to find evidence against my "mother". Any evidence that shows she is a murderer and is the killer behind all those victim's deaths.I changed into black hoodie and black trousers and black shoes.I decided to wear black clothing so I can blend in somehow.I got my phone and house keys and walked out of the house.

It took 15 minutes and I arrived at the house.Just seeing this house again creeps me out and gives me shivers.I took a deep breathe and got the house keys out and unlocked it.Yeah I still had the house keys when I ran away in case I ever need to come back.I walked in and closed the door.I looked around and she doesn't seem to be at home.That's good.But I can't be off guard.I quietly walked towards the storage room.She once told me that it had important things inside and I wasn't allowed to go inside this room.This was the first time I was going to go inside.I held the doorknob and turn it clockwise.I walked in and there was no light.I turned on the light and this room looked so old it made me cough.There was cobwebs everywhere and some unopened cardboard boxes laying around the room.I don't get it.It's just boxes laying around.What's so important about this room that she forbade me to go inside? Well that's what I'm going to find out.This could give me some evidence.I opened one of the boxes near me and there was a small chest and inside was pictures.

I looked through the pictures and it seemed to be my mother when she was younger.Some of them were pictures of her and a guy.I looked at the chest and saw a a piece of paper.I picked it up and read it out of curiosity. My eyes widened as I read it. 

"N-no way...."

.

.

.

.

.

I unlocked the door and walked inside and saw Aiden sitting down at the couch.As soon as he saw me,he ran up to me.

"Charlotte what happened to you? Where did you go? Why are you wet?" Aiden kept asking me questions while he saw me dripping wet.He stopped asking as soon as he saw me looking at the floor.

"Charlotte?" He asked as he grabbed both of my shoulders.I still looked at the floor.

"Aiden..my parents.." I spoke.

"What about your parents?" Aiden finally asked. I finally looked at him straight at his deep chocolate eyes as tears fell down on my face.

"My parents death was staged."