The Date

Marsh sat up front as Dre drove to wherever it is they were going to eat. Dre refused to tell him where they were going, even after they'd started driving. He held Dre's hand as he drove. They had been in the car for a while, he started to doze off a bit. It had been a long day.
After what had to have been at least half an hour, he felt Dre pulling into a parking spot. He wiped his eyes and looked around. They were kinda in the middle of nowhere, next to the beach. There were no buildings or anything. Just a drop off leading to the beach.

"You gonna murder me and dump my body in the ocean or something?"

Dre got out of the car and went around to open his door for him.
"Nope. Come on."
Dre went to hold his hand, he was quick to pull back.
"What are you doing? We're in public!"
"I don't see anyone around. Do you?"
Marsh looked around and realized Dre was right. He didn't see anyone. He got out of the car and held Dre's hand. Dre grabbed a backpack from the back seat before he led him towards some stairs that lead down to the beach.

"So... what are we doing?" Marsh asked

"Well. I know you really wanted to spend the day together. And I know you're kind of a sucker for that cliche romantic shit. Soooo..."

Dre stopped and looked a little bit ahead of them. There was a picnic set up on the beach and not a person in sight.

"I found a company in town that rents out private beaches. Basically you let em know what time you're gonna get there and they set it up for you. It's mainly for proposals and shit like that."

"You... you rented out a beach for me?"

"Well, yeah. Basically. Why not? I mean we get to actually be alone and in public."

He felt his chest get tight as they walked towards the picnic set up. It was the cliche blanket with a picnic basket full of snacks and a bottle of white wine.

"Sorry it's not real food. We can actually get something later though if you're still hungry."

Marsh didn't even care what food it was. Dre had gone out of his way to set this up.

For him.

"I... I don't think anyone else would have cared enough to ever do this for me..."

Dre gently grabbed his hand and led him down towards the beach. He felt kinda bad that he had only thrown on sweats. Then again, there's no way he could have known Dre was planning this.

He watched as Dre slipped his shoes off before sitting on the blanket that had been set for them. He did the same.

"You look tired."

He was tired. He crawled over to Dre and snuggled onto his lap. Dre wrapped his arms around him and held him close to his chest.

"I can't believe you set this up for me."

"For us." Dre replied "we didn't get to actually have fun at the beach yesterday so I figured, why not do it in private?"

"Maybe i should have worn a swimsuit then huh?"

"Actually..." Dre's voice trailed off as he reached into the backpack that he had brought with him. He pulled out the swim shorts that he had bought Marshall the day before.

"Am I really about to have to go back to the car to put these on?"

"No. I mean, it's a private beach so..."

"You just wanna watch me strip"

"Well yeah, otherwise I would have told you to put em on back at the hotel."