Chapter 7

When I walked to the shop I said hi to all the guys and then went up to the new guy, while trying not to freak out in the mean time. I then put my hand out for him to shake.

I said, "Hi, my name is Katherine."

He extended his hand to mine and said, "My name is Caleb. It's a real pleasure to finally meet the amazing Katherine. All of the guys here just can't stop talking about how wonderful you are." It was like electricity was flowing through my body. I tried to compose myself so he wouldn't notice the effect he was having on me.

"Oh really? I said as I looked over at all the guys who were pretending to be working but were in actuality trying to listen to our conversation instead. I tried not to act any different than I normally did. I didn't need anyone thinking I like him or anything. They would give me such a hard time and I didn't need that aggravation in my life.

"Yeah they said you are the best mechanic anywhere. Hands down." He looked at me and shrugged.

"Well I am pretty good but I would have to say my dad is the best since he taught me everything I know." I just stared and smiled at him. "Well I should get to work. It was really nice talking to you Caleb." I then turned and walked away. I headed straight for my dads office so I could talk to him. Why didn't he tell me he was hiring some beef cake. The least he could do was prepare me for what I was about to encounter or something.

When I stepped into his office I closed the door behind me and sank into the soft leather couch he had sitting beside the door. "So why didn't you tell me the new guy was like a freaking model dad?" I looked at him and shook my head.

"Oh, is he? Well, I didn't notice that when I hired him. I am of course attracted to women after all." He looked at me and smiled. "So are you saying we need to fire him because he is way too good looking?"

"No I'm saying he is too distracting to look at. Which makes for a really awkward work environment." I looked at him and threw my hands up in the air. How was I going to survive that perfect specimen working around me.

"Well sweetheart all I can say is you better get use to him being around. He had impeccable references and he is a keeper in my book." He said rather smugly.

Little did dad know I wished he was a keeper for other reasons. "Well he needs to be on the opposite side of the shop so I don't have to look at him as much." I smiled really big.

"Deal." Dad winked at me and shook his head. "Now get out of my office and get to work since you insisted on coming in today."

I went back out into the shop and started working. It was a good thing we were busy so I didn't have enough time to stop and look up as much. I don't think I would have been able to get much work done today if it was slow. I wanted so badly to talk to Caleb and get to find out more about him but I didn't want to get mentally invested in someone who may not reciprocate my feelings. I just couldn't take that type of rejection. It was best if we just worked as co-worker's and nothing more. I had to admit he was a good mechanic. Dad really did do a good job in picking him out. He didn't need to keep an eye on him after all. Well I could keep an eye on him but for other reasons. His jeans fit him really nicely. Wow that booty really filled them out nicely and I could help but check out the front view as well which left me absolutely speechless. He looked up and caught me staring in his direction and I quickly looked down trying to play it off. I didn't want him to think that I was checking him out or anything. I felt my face staring to get flushed and quickly excused myself and ran to the bathroom. I had to get myself together.

Once inside the bathroom I slashed some cold water on my face. What had gotten in to me. I was acting like some love sick puppy over someone I had just met. I needed to get ahold of myself and stop acting like some school girl who has a crush on the most popular boy at school. He was out of my league and I needed to remind myself that we worked together and nothing good could come of me lusting after him. If only I really could think that way. I couldn't stop imagining us together. Who was I kidding he made me feel things that no one else had ever made me feel before. That had to mean something right? Oh, why must I torture myself like this.