Chapter 17

We drove for a little bit just enjoying the fresh air and each other's company. I had no idea where we were headed to. I was just enjoying the time I got to spend with Caleb. He soon pulled up to a small pond that had a beautiful gazebo overlooking it. We got out of the Jeep and walked to the gazebo and sat down on the bench inside of it. It was adorned with pretty twinkling lights that reminded me of fireflies. It was so beautiful here. I appreciate the little things and I think Caleb realized that these thing impressed me more than material things ever could. I put my head on his should and closed my eyes not wanting this moment to end. He smelled so good. He put his arm around my waist and my heart immediately began to bear fast with his touch. We just sat there for the longest time enjoying the closeness of each other and peacefulness of the nature surrounding us.

I looked up at him and before I knew it his lips were on mine. His soft supple lips kissing me so tenderly. I returned the kiss and stroked his handsome face wanting to savor this moment and forever compute it to my memory. I could feel my core growing hotter by the second, making it even harder for me to control my urges to jump him right here and now. I had never been with anyone before and I wanted to wait for Mr. Right. I wasn't sure if Caleb was looking at this relationship as a long term one or if I was another conquest to him. I could only assume that him being in the military gave him plenty of chances to be with many different women. How could I compare to all of those women. Of course, I was purely speculating about how many women he may or may not have been with. I felt insecure about having zero experience. The only other person I had kissed before was a kid back in the 8th grade because I was dared to do it. Could Caleb tell that I hadn't really kissed anyone like this before? Would he think that I was a bad kisser? I was torturing myself. I didn't know how to bring up the lack of experience I had with everything when it came to intimacy. I slowly moved my face away from his and smiled at him not knowing if he like the kiss or not. It felt natural and good. But did he think the same thing as me?

"I'm sorry did I move too fast for you? I won't do it again I promise." He looked at me with concern in his eyes. Causing a small crease to form on his forehead.

"No that's not it. I just...I don't know how to say this. I've never really kind of kissed someone like this before. Other than a small peck when I was in 8th grade as a dare." I felt so embarrassed.

"Well you sure could have fooled me. I think you are a wonderful kisser." He smiled at me and brushed a piece of hair away from my face.

With that I leaned forward and we began to kiss again. He placed his one hand on the small of my back and the other one on the back of my neck. It felt as if fireworks were exploding all over my lips. His tongue entering causing to open my eyes for a moment at the shock of it, but soon I joined him as our tongues danced around each other. I felt as if I were coming unhinged. This feeling was something I had never felt before and I didn't want it to end. But I knew that I should call it a night and head back to the house before my dad decided to send a search party out for me. I told him I would be back at 10:00 pm and I didn't want to be late. After what happened to mom I never wanted him to ever worry about me not coming home.

I wanted to get up bright and early so we could work on the car. I was determined to get it up and running as soon as possible. I wanted to have my own wheels so I could come and go as I pleased. It also gave me a great chance to talk one on one with Caleb. I didn't want to bombard him with questions from his past on our first date, but I would slowly try to get as much information as I could once we were alone in the garage fixing my car. I still needed to know what kind of secret he was keeping from his past. It may be a game changer depending on what it was.

I looked up at Caleb and told him I needed to get home and I would call him in the morning. As we drove back to my house he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. This small jester made me like him even more, if that was possible. He was such a sweet guy and I just hoped that he wasn't too good to be true. As we pulled up the drive way and parked he gave me another goodnight kiss before hoping out, getting my door and walking me to the my front door.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said and smiled showing those beautiful perfect teeth of his.

"Bright and early Mr." I winked at him and turned to open the door stepping inside. I watched him walk away and as he was about to take off when he blew me a kiss which I caught and did the same back to him. I was going to have a hard time keeping our relationship a secret from dad for much longer. He was going to see right through me. I was going to have to tell him soon. I just hoped that he was going to be alright with our relationship since we worked together. I guess I would soon find out.