35th Weeks

Jason Lee

"Sahjangmin" Secretary Ma called the attention of his boss

"Sahjangmin" Secretary Ma called the attention of his boss. Park Saeroyi is busy behind his desktop, checking important emails that need an immediate response.  Nowadays his boss is busier than ever, he prioritizes his scedules made sure that everything will be done on time, Saeroyi needs to clock out at exactly 7 pm after that he is not allowed to entertain anymore work because he needs to go home and spend some time with his family.

"Your mobile phone is ringing, I saw it on the center table,  you probably left it after the meeting" he hands over the phone to his boss.

Saeroyi looks over the screen and saw the caller ID name: Lee Hyo Jin, the IC investment manager, and his highschool friend and true alliance in his fight to succeed in business. "Hello, Hyo Jin" he said in a casual tone.

"I look after the favor you asked me, sorry I can't find any details about Lee Hyun Bae and Lee Yi Seok," he said in a regretful tone, his friend briefly inform him about the father and son that he was looking, he just told him that those persons are very important to his wife family and he wanted to know about their whereabouts.

Thank God his wife was discharged after two days in the hospital, the babies are healthy inside her tummy, but their ob gyne still precautions them to take extra care because of her condition they need to complete at least 35th weeks, and now they have peace of mind because they already pass the last two terms of pregnancy.

Last night they are having a conversation while they are laying down the bed, his wife's head is resting on his chest and his arms are around her especially one of his hand is feeling his twins kicking in her tummy.

"You're still awake you naughty little brats! You go to sleep now!" Searoyi jokes to the unborn twins, hearing the voice of their father the babies stop kicking.

"Oppa! Don't use the word 'naughty', I read it somewhere that if you start labeling your babies name, they will become what you are mentioning" she warns her husband, but kissing his cheeks anyway.

"Oh alright! My little angels, please go to sleep now, mommy and daddy will be busy later" raising his wriggling his eyebrows making her wife giggle, as she playfully slaps her husband on his arms.

"Oppa!" she said and exhales a long breath. He notices apprehension on his wife's face.

"Wei? Wei? Is your tummy painful?" he suddenly sits up while asking his wife worried about her condition.

"No, I'm fine, don't worry about me" she assures him, pulling him back laying down the bed, "My mind just have a thought of where is my father and big brother, although I was young that time I'm curious how they will like?" she said forlornly, her pregnancy hormones acting up again making her teary eyes, she wipes away her tears rapidly and turn away from her husband not wanting to worry him.

During the day when her husband is at work and suddenly, her mind will remember her dad and brother she will go inside the playroom and cry her heart's out, remembering the pain of her childhood. She desperately wanted to know what had happened to them, but when his husband or mother is around she will act normal in front of them.