40th Week

Yi Seo was humming while she is editing her video for her youtube blog, she has been happy and glad since meeting her father, that was a great week! They catch up together and it has been three consecutive weeks since her father is coming to their place for the weekend. She even convinces him to stay overnight so he will not drive far going back to his place one night.  She can feel that her father and mother are still attracted to each other, although her mother is always putting makeup every time she will work or they will have visitors, during the time her father will visit she will prepare herself with extra effort. One time she saw her mom smiling and giggling on her smartphone, she thought her mother was just watching comedy series when she glances at her phone it was a series of text messages, and she even saw different kinds of icons and gifs that she is using. She smiles at the thought that if just in case her father and mother will rekindle their relationship she will support them a hundred percent.

While she was busy editing, she felt her stomach pains. She takes a deep breath and talks to the babies, "why are you both coming out now?" as if hearing her, her tummy feel a sudden turn. She called Ajumma, but she remembers that she sends her to the market buys some items for dinner later, while her mom had an emergency meeting in her company. They just went to the doctor yesterday and they said that she will be due after 1-2 weeks, but Dr. Kim said if the babies decided to come out they don't have a choice.

She calms herself down by taking a deep breath, but she can feel that she can't move anymore. Her phone rings and thanks to God it is her husband. She answers it immediately biting her lower lips.

"Hi! My love! How are you? I have a surprise for you! I'm off early today, and I'm in the grocery, at the corner of our street would you like something?"

"O-Oppa! H-help!" she said in a painful voice. Saeroyi whole body becomes tense after hearing his wife's voice. He chooses to calm himself too, he learned it in their maternity class.

"Yi Seo, is your tummy right now is contracting?" he asked, while he apologizes to the crew to return the small items he takes. He runs to his car and starts the short drive towards his house.

"A while ago it did, I-I think our babies are too excited to meet us," she jokes and felt another contraction, suddenly she felt her water breaks wet liquid pour down her legs. She grips the table accidentally knocking the keyboard, she didn't know that she open the live streaming of her channel because she was closing her eyes in pain, and the volume of her computer is low.

"Oppa! I think my water broke!" she exclaims, Saeroyi has never been fast in his life, he called 991 and their ob-gyn. In two minutes he was running through their door, he kept on talking to her. They are oblivious of their youtube channel is open in the desktop because Yi Seo always turns off the notification of her blog on her phone. The view is becoming millions of views, even though Yi Seo is out in the screen frame they can hear their conversation.

"Yi Seo how are you feeling?" he asked his wife as soon as he arrived in the study room, removes his coat, and put his phone on the loudspeaker mode while he was talking to their doctor. "What are we going to do doctor?" he asked. "I'm here now with my wife." Kneeling beside her wife, she was sitting on the office chair with wheels.

"Count how many minutes is the interval of the contraction, if it's two minutes apart it means that she is ready to deliver.... But wait, Yi Seo can you hear me?" the doctor asked.

"Yes doc, I can hear you loud and clear." She said, she still bearing the pain of her lower part of the body.

"I know you are a smart and strong woman, but can you please do that for me count the interval of your contraction? because I have another task to your husband," the doctor encourages her.