Only in my Dreams (Chapter 17 and Epilogue)

Finally, all things must end and I'm sorry to say this is the end of Only in my Dreams. I know I thank you guys every chapter for the votes and comments but I truly couldn't have finished this without you guys. The ending is a little short but I will explain at the bottom why that is. Now, please enjoy the ending!

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 17

Two months of raging hormones and the stress of planning a wedding has finally led me to today. The day I would walk down the aisle to my future. We decided to get married before the baby came, so I'm standing here in a wedding dress, seven months pregnant and looking like a beached whale. Thank goodness I ignored Katherine about wearing heels.

I stand in front of the mirror in my room staring at the person looking back. I'm finally getting the life I've dreamed of; a loving man and the chance to be a mother to not only the little girl inside me but to the little boy who is in need of a mother.

Katherine walks back in the room in her lavender bride's maid dress that she picked out.

"Your carriage awaits!" She exclaims with a smile.

I nod and pick up the bottom of my dress so I can walk easily down the stairs. She helps me down and outside to where Jaime is waiting.

"Well, look at you two! Amy, you better be glad Kyle's my friend or I would have to steal you away." Jaime says jokingly.

"Please, I look like a whale." I respond.

Katherine smacks Jaime in the back of the head.

"Stop hitting on the bride."

"Oww! You didn't have to smack so hard sis." Jaime rubs the spot where Katherine smacked him.

"Let's go ladies; the groom will kill me if we're late." He continues.

We all pile into Katherine's car for the ride to the field. When Kyle asked where I wanted to get married, I told him I wanted to get married at the place where I fell in love with him, the same place he proposed. He had spent the last week getting someone to fix the narrow drive and helping me with the decorations. The good thing about that was he would rub my feet everything night afterwards. All the stress was almost worth the nightly foot rubs.

We slowly pull down the driveway that will lead up to my groom. Jaime parks the car so Kyle can't see me. He gets out, smoothed down his tux and helps me out of the car. I just about have to roll out.

"Come on momma, I gotta get you married off." Jaime jokes.

Jaime will be the only walking me down the aisle since my father died when I was little. John would be Kyle's best man. Katherine hands me my bouquet as soon as I ease out of the car. My mother rushes over to us with an expression I can't quite decipher.

"Kyle looks like he's going to have a stroke. That man has been pacing the back field for the past thirty minutes."

Jaime and Katherine start to laugh. It's a wonder he wasn't here right now trying to drag me down the aisle.

"Tell him we are ready momma."

****************************************************************************************************

"You are starting to make a trench where you're pacing." John jokes.

"Sorry." I immediately stop pacing.

I've been waiting for two months to completely tie this woman to me and I can't wait any longer. I start to make my way to where the cars are parked so I can drag Amy down the aisle and get all this over with.