R.I.P. Xekkun

• Dedicated to Xerxes Break

**WARNING: MAJOR PANDORA HEARTS SPOLIER. IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED BOOK 22 AND DO NOT WANT SPOILERS, PLEASE DO NOT READ AHEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY WARNED.**

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

*intense sobbing*

SO TODAY I WENT TO THE BOOKSTORE.

You see, the latest Pandora Hearts book came out about a week before my birthday. Kinda wanted to get it for my birthday. Didn't. Got it Saturday, December 27th.

Almost a month after finding out the series would be ending in book 23.

Anyway, my step mom finally bought it for me. I was torn between a JNKNA book, the latest Kuroshitsuji (which I didn't know was out) and this Pandora Hearts.

I am so glad I picked PH?

Glad? But, Joka, you're sobbing-

SILENCE. I KNOW HOW I FEEL.

So anyway, if you've read the whole thing, you've pretty much known from the beginning that Sharon and Break are probably going to die in the series.

We find out a little later that Break is probably going to kick the bucket a little sooner than Sharon.

We see this start to happen when Break goes blind in his remaining eye.

Okay, before I continue, let's get this straight. You guys all know the weird characters are always my favorite. Well, who in Pandora Hearts is weirder than Break?

Don't answer that.

Anyway, so yes, he was my favorite.

Well, even knowing that this character is going to die in the series, over 22 books you become a little emotionally attached. Especially when they're your favorite.

With L it wasn't so bad. In seven books, (really five because he was only in half of book 2, books 3-6, and half of book 7), you don't become too emotionally attached. Plus, in Death Note, you expect everyone to die.

But over the course of 22 books, you do become insanely emotionally attached. You get bored if your character isn't in the scene. You get excited every time they talk. You want to know more and more about them.

And then, they die.

They die.

Now, if that isn't sad enough, THE ENTIRE GOAL OF THE BOOKS, PUT SIMPLY, IS TO GET TO THE HAPPY ENDING, THE SUMMERS DAY, BEFORE THE ULTIMATE END COMES.

ADD THIS: OVER THE COURSE OF THE PAST FEW BOOKS, BREAK TALKS MORE AND MORE ABOUT HOW HE'S GLAD TO BE HERE A LITTLE LONGER, AND HOW HE HOPES THAT HE CAN LIVE JUST LONG ENOUGH TO SEE THE SUMMERS DAY.

WELL LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING.

SUMMER NEVER COMES FOR XERXES BREAK.

JUST AS EVERYONE RUSHES OFF TO SAVE THE WORLD, JUST BEFORE IT ALL COMES TO AN END AND THEN THEY CAN ALL CELEBRATE, HE REALIZES THAT THIS IS AS FAR AS HE'LL BE ABLE TO COME.

AND HE'S ALL ALONE.

HE STARTS TO FALL, AND OUT OF NOWHERE, THE TWO PEOPLE HE LOVES THE MOST, SHARON AND REIM COME AND HOLD HIM IN HIS LAST SECONDS.

AND THEN HE DIES.

IF HE COULD'VE HELD ON, JUST EVEN FOR TWO MORE DAYS, HE MIGHT NOT HAVE GOTTEN TO SEE SUMMER BUT HE'D GET TO SEE IF OZ AND ALICE SAVE THE WORLD.

AND WHAT MADE ME SO SAD WAS HOW WEAK HE GETS IN THIS BOOK. LIKE, HE WAS THE STRONGEST ONE AT PANDORA, AND EVEN AFTER GOING BLIND HE'S THE BEST IN BATTLE.

IN BOOK 22, THAT ALL GOES TO HELL.

HE PASSES OUT AFTER A BATTLE, THEN DROPS HIS SWORD (this was when I knew things were really wrong) AFTER KILLING A CHAIN, THEN BASICALLY FALLS INTO THE EARTH AND ALMOST LOSES A FIGHT WITH THIS WEAK LITTLE DUDE AND THEN HIS SWORD BREAKS AND THEN HE PULLS EVERYONE ELSE INTO THE GROUND TO SAVE THE WORLD AND THEN HE STARTS TO LET HIMSELF DIE ALONE AND THEN HIS MOST LOVED ONES SHOW UP AND HE TELLS THEM HE DOESN'T WANT TO DIE

AND THEN HE DIES.

*ETERNAL SOBBING*

Joka-chan the caps lock is-

SHUT UP I AM TRAUMATIZED.

AND THEN THE VERY LAST PICTURE IN THE BOOK IS EVERYONE STANDING TOGETHER, READY TO FACE THE WORLD,

AND XERXES BREAK, TURNED AROUND, WALKING AWAY AND WAVING.