"Hey Mom!"

Jonathan, Will's older brother, strolled through their front door. He sat his keys on the counter and went over to give his mom a kiss on the cheek. Joyce smiled sweetly and carried on washing the dishes.

"Have you talked to Nancy lately?" Joyce smirked slightly, drying her hands after a few minutes. She turned and lent on the counter top, watching as her oldest went through the fridge.

"Yeah, actually," he smile thinking of his girlfriend, "She said she's going to ask Mrs. Wheeler if we could visit." Joyce's smile dropped slightly, thinking of the Wheelers.

"Is that the best idea..." Joyce whispered, worrying if Will could hear them, "you know, after all that happened with..." Joyce didn't want to finish her sentence but Jonathan already knew what she was talking about. He sighed sadly.

"It would be good for them to talk face to face," Jonathan said while opening a can of Coca Cola, "Also you said you wanted to look at houses... it's the old one still free?"

Joyce nodded and looked down at her slipper-covered feet. She heard Jonathan's quiet sigh and looked I'm up again seeing him closer this time. He pulled her into a hug.

"It'll be alright," he whispered, he paused for a few seconds before saying, "and you get to see Hopper again." Joyce pulled back with her jaw dropped, trying to hide her smile. She playfully hit the back of her son's head as he chuckled, leaving the kitchen.

He walked into the lounge room, kicking off his shoes before entering. While walking over to sit down, he noticed his younger brother, with a big cast around his ankle, sleeping soundly on the sofa opposite him. He made a confused face before pulling a blanket out from behind the sofa and draped it over the younger's body. After that he made his way back into the kitchen.

"Care to explain why Will has a cast?"

-

"Yeah okay... it was a lot of fun!"

Mike was smiling now. He was happy. He had a great afternoon with his best friends and couldn't ask for a better way to spend it. For the first time in a while, he had his hood down and wasn't wearing all black.

"I still won, Micheal," Lucas taunted, smirking playfully. Mike rolled his eyes, smiling and punched him in the arm light-heartedly.

Taking the long way home, they joked and laughed together. It was just like old times...before the argument. They all avoided that subject at every turn.

"See you at school!" Dustin shouted behind him, running up the gravel driveway. Mike and Lucas waved to him before he entered the house.

"So," Lucas began, "are you going to talk to El?" Lucas regretted the question when he saw his friend's face drop. Lucas was about to start talking again but Mike cut him off.

"No," He said coldly, "and I won't until I'm ready so goodnight, Lucas." Mike smiled a fake smile before walking up to his house and leaving Lucas in the dark.

-

"Will! It's for you!"

Will hopped up from the sofa and over to his mother, holding the household phone. He hoped over and meant against the wall to steady himself before taking the phone from his mother's grasp.

"Hello?" He spoke timidly.

"Hi Will!"

Will gasped and smiled immediately, "Max!" Max had called Will every month since they moved - she called only once a month because of the time difference and they only had a limited amount minutes on the phone (Will had moved to Lenora, California).

"So what's new?" She asked, Will could tell she was smiling. He sighed and started talking about his ankle and how Bill Denbrough had helped him - she already knew of the bullies.

"I'll kill 'em. I can't wait to see you at chris- shit I wasn't meant to say that," she panicked. Wait what?!

Max told him about her and El and then hesitated telling about how upset Mike was but she did. Will winced hearing the boy's name. They hadn't talked since the argument 2 years ago.

"He deserves it," Will said bitterly. When Max sighed, he rolled his eyes slightly.

"You know he didn't mean it," Max said, tiredly, "He apologised." Max tried to reason with the boy but he was persistent.

They talked for a little while longer before they have to say goodbye. When Will finally puts the phone done, he walks into the kitchen to find his mom serving dinner onto the plates.

"So um," He starts, "Max let slip we're seeing each other at Christmas." Even though Will couldn't see the front of his mom, Joyce stopped dead in her tracks.

Joyce sighed and turned to her youngest son before saying, "I realised that Portland isn't for us and I...bought back our old house... We'll be moving back on December 27th."

-

"What?!"

"Mike, please," his mother, Karen Wheeler, pleased with her son. She had just told him that the Byers family would be staying with them the week of Christmas.

"It's just for a week and then they're moving back to their old house-" Karen was quickly cut off by her son.

"WHAT?!"

"Micheal! Don't you shout at me young man! That family has done a lot for us and just because you had a silly argument with Will doesn't mean you can be horrible." Karen gave a threatening look at her son before he turned around.

"No! They aren't staying here," he stormed off to his room, slamming the door very loudly. He groaned and flopped face down onto his bed. Mike start mumbling about how he wasn't going to see him ever again.

•.•
A shorter chapter this time... how yall liking it so far?
Thanks for reading!
[♡♡♡]