Chapter 7

" So what your saying is that you are going to be staying with a guy you barely know?" Carly crosses her arms and raises her eyebrows.

I could see her point. Staying with Reed is not the brightest idea I have had. But is anything I do bright anymore ?

" I've known him for almost two weeks Carly. He's not exactly a stranger anymore." I pull out the suitcase from under my bed and zip it up.

" Do you know how many rules you are breaking ?" She says and I bite my lip.

" That's the point Carly." The whole point of this agreement with Logan is to break the rules.

" Do you trust him ?" The incident from yesterday with his uncle replays in my head and I smile.

" Strangely yes ." I tell her and drag my suitcase over to the door.

" If anyone asks tell them that for now on I'm working at the church on weekends." I say then walk out.

A few girls from my classes eye me as I smile and wait for them to leave. When they leave I go down the hidden staircase leading outside.

Logan waits outside the door leaning on the wall." Hey Carter."

" Hey ." I mumble and follow him to the car. I rub my sweaty palms against my jeans nervously. I shouldn't be this nervous it's only a couple of days.

" Ready for palace Reed ?" Logan asks and I laugh. I put my suitcase in the car and get in.

" So who's all going to be there ?" I ask as he starts his car.

" Just me and you ." He smirks at me and my nerves grow.

" What about Molly ?"

" She's out of town. Why ? Are you nerves snowflake ." He says and I laugh at the name he gives me.

" Snowflake really ?" I giggle and he bites his lip. We drive out of the academy driveway and get onto the highway.

I take the time to actually examine his features. In the natural light his eyes are a soft blue, but indoors they are a dark blue. His dark hair sweeps to the side tucked behind his ears.

" Enjoying the view ?" His voice cuts me out of my thoughts. My eyes snap up to meet his and a feeling of desire takes over me. Why do I feel this way about him?

" I was just looking at you. Don't think too much about it Reed." I look away as if I didn't care.

" Sure if staring for six minutes is just looking." Logan chuckles and my lips tug a little at the tips. Was I really staring at him for six minutes.

" Hey ! I never really took the time to look at you." I defend myself. Even though it's still a bad excuse.

" Don't worry I've taken my time to examine you too ." Logan says and we pull up to his house.

I grab my suitcase and drag it up the steps to his door. He unlocks the door and we step in. The house still seems to amaze me. Logan grabs my wrist and pulls me closer to him.

" Ree-" Logan puts his finger up to my lips silencing me. Trailing it over my cheeks then grabs my wig pulling it off and lets down my hair.

I search my eyes through his and my stomach starts to do flips. My toes go numb and I don't understand why. Why am I feeling this tug towards him ? Logan pushes one side of my hair behind my ear and leans in.

" There you go with the staring again Carter ." His lips tickle my ear and my heart speeds up. Before I can say anything someone beats me to it.

" Am I disturbing something ?" A famine voice asks and I pull out of Logan's grip. The warmth leaves me but I push the feeling away.