Chapter Twenty-One

(Maddison's POV)

HINDI ko alam kung ilang oras na akong nakatulala sa kawalan. Napakaganda ng nag-aagaw na kulay bughaw at kahel na kalangitan dahil sa papalubog na araw at malaya ko itong nasisilayan mula dito sa kinaroroonan ko ngunit hindi ko magawang mabighani dito at pinagmamasdan ko lamang itong animo'y isang blankong pader. I don't know. Maybe I just have a lot in mind lately that I can't even consider appreciating the beauty around me.

Looking at the sky being more orange than blue, I believe it's getting late already and I think I need to go. Nasa UVC pa lang kasi ako hanggang sa ngayon. Our professor for our last period, which is supposedly at 2:30 this afternoon, suddenly had an emergency meeting to attend to and wasn't able to meet us. But instead of going home like what my other classmates did, I chose to look for a peaceful place to find refuge and stay there for a little bit. So, here I am finally deciding to go home at 5:15 pm.

I was about to head out when I heard someone approaching.

"Yeah Dad. Just like what you heard, I punched their stupid faces...Scared of getting suspended? Come on Dad, I'm not even afraid of getting expelled, are you kidding me? At bakit naman ako mae-expel? My father is the college dean for crying out loud...Arrogance, stupidity, whatever you like to call it Dad, I don't care. Anyway, It's just my way of reminding you, that aside from the College and the businesses you and Mom love so much, you still have me as a son. That's if were still on the same page."

It was a guy, most probably a student, having a conversation on the phone. I think his voice and his tone are familiar to me. I think, I already heard him before. But that should not be my problem right now. I can hear his footsteps getting closer and closer and the only barrier between us are pile of crates and boxes. It's not that I am afraid of him because judging by what he said to most likely his father, he just got through a fight. Well, honestly, I am a little bit worried about that. But what worries me more is the fact that we'll both be aware that I overheard their conversation. What do I do now?

I was about to look for other ways to get out of here when I accidentally bumped into one of the piles of boxes which caused it to fall and made a commotion enough for the guy to notice that he is not alone in here. Argh!

"Madriaga?!"

"Hizon?!"

Halos sabay naming bulalas. I knew it. Sinong hindi makakakilala sa boses ng isang ito na punung-puno ng kahambugan? Tss!

"What are you doing here you four-eyed Katipunera nerd?"

"Don't you dare call me that you arrogant airhead. And whatever I'm doing here is none of your business!"

"Oh really? Are you stalking me?"

"Stalk you?! Come on! I'm still on my right mind not to dare do that. Besides, I was here first."

"But this is our building. The College of Human Kinetics building not the College of Engineering. Can't you do whatever you're doing here in your own building? What's so interesting in our building anyway?"

"Your rooftop offers a nicer view of the sunset than ours. Happy? And besides, there is no such rule in the student manual that prohibits students from a specific college not to visit other colleges. Bottom line, I am not here because of you nor am I here to stalk you. Kilabutan ka naman!"

"You don't run out of reasons, do you?"

"You don't run out of questions, do you?"

"Tss!"

"Tss!"

While exchanging banters with him, I can't help but notice all the bruises and scratches on his face and arms. This guys arrogance must have really caused him to get into a fight just like what he told his Dad. What a headache! But his wounds will get infected if they're not treated immediately.