Her Double Life

Thanks if you are here so here is the first chapter!

Rei sat at her desk getting ready to sign off on a couple of more documents. It was almost time to go. She saw the ebony clock on her wall reach 7 pm. Looking over a couple of documents as she clicked monotonously over the screen. She took another look at her phone. It seemed no new messages had arrived for her so far. She did not know what she should have expected of her extended family. They never contacted her unless they wanted money. She had always been ostracized from them.

Rei and her brother Jamie had lost their loving parents early in life in a car crash

Rei and her brother Jamie had lost their loving parents early in life in a car crash. Her aunt and uncle had been written as legal guardians by her trusting father, and so she could not legally take Jamie with her. She had no desire for her or Jamie to join their religious cult. However, she knew that at least they would keep him safe. 

Even if they had pushed her away for not joining their church. Yet, she still cared deeply for her small brother Jamie. So, she made sure that he would get extra money. After all, she was sure her aunt and uncle were too busy donating their money to the church to see to his needs. The sad part was that part of the deal was that, to stay connected, Jamie could not know Rei existed. And so, it was only through pictures that they would send her that she knew he was growing up healthy and happy.

She sighed even if it was painful, she could never give in to that life. One day she would hope she could free Jamie from it, as he was just 15. She looked at her clock again and packed up, time to go. Rei was a music studio record manager for a major label in Finland. She was happy with her job, if one thing was her passion, it was music. 

However, recording and signing record deals were not the only way in which she won money not only to send overseas to Jamie. It was through her double life that she won even more money. The life she would lead at night at the Crystal Show Club was her passion. Dancing was her passion, and she had created a show of her own. It was a show with her own rules, leaving a lot to the imagination, and masking her face was part of her act as her alter ego "Onyx".

 It was a show with her own rules, leaving a lot to the imagination, and masking her face was part of her act as her alter ego "Onyx"

Crystal Show Club in Helsinki

The lights of the venue danced over, shadows unknown as the smells of liquor and smoke wafted through the air. The place was packed with customers, as ladies passed by to and fro looking for potential clients. A man walked in blushing as his friends egged him on, his eyes feline and green like emeralds. His face was carved out of a painting and his lips seductive and full, his skin pale and white like moonlight. Curls of chocolate fell over his face as he took a seat close to the stage.

"Come on Ville relax I mean this is your first night as a single man after that horrible mess, we know you need some guy time," a man with long blonde hair said

"Come on Ville relax I mean this is your first night as a single man after that horrible mess, we know you need some guy time," a man with long blonde hair said. Ville blushed he really would rather be home with his guitars writing songs, but he had lost a bet on some silly prank and now here he was. He knew they meant well, but he was not used to this.

He kept trying to avoid any females that flew like doves to his side asking if he wanted company. Yes, he was yearning for a connection but not like this. 

Not until the audience cheered as the main event was presented and he set his eyes on her.

Thanks to WildChildMary for lending me Angel :D

I see you changed your name lol :D

love you