Anticipation and Dread

Next Chapter

WildChildMary

thanks for lending me Angel and for the support!

The trip was closer than ever and three nights before the trip she had the online meeting with Jamie. Rei's nerves were on end but she had to stay calm, "Hello" Jamie said he was older now and oh so handsome. "Hello Jamie, as you may have been told I am your sister Rei London," Rei said shivering. Angel had asked Rei if she could come over for moral support for Rei but Rei did not want to bother her, as Angel had a date with Alexi's family, she was happy that things were getting serious for Angel and Alexi.

"I know they told me, wow, you look so much like the picture they showed me of my mom, but you have dad's eyes," Jamie said. "You look like dad but have mother's nose and eyes," she said wanting to hug him over the screen. "Do you live in Helsinki?" Jamie asked "Yes, I work as an agent at a music firm" Rei commented.

"That is so cool I love music, I know dad and mom did too, my aunt said that my dad listened and played devil music and that mom drew art that was odd and that for that reason they ended up..." Jamie looked down forlorn.

Rei bit her bile back, they were brainwashing him more and more and we're talking horrid things about her parents, again... "No they did not die because of that, mom and dad suffered a car crash you know that is why they are gone," Rei said.

Jamie nodded it seemed he knew this but apparently they had been poisoning his mind recently, she couldn't wait to get him back. "I just don't what to believe, but they say that they are probably sending me to a Christian school. They want me to convert and find a job that will not lead me into temptation. But I really like writing songs and playing guitar, but uncle took my stuff away he was upset when he found them and so he sold them," Jamie said his face sad. 

How far would they go to try and convert everyone into their little cult?  Rei thought angrily

"Well don't you worry about that I know you don't know me and we are just meeting for the first time, but I promise you'll be free to pursue what you want when you come with me" Rei added. "But I am barely meeting you I don't even know you, you could be part of their church," Jamie said suspiciously. 

"I promise I am not, and I need some time, but you will see, I will prove to you that I love you and that you will be free" Rei stated if only she could gain the legal custody she had been fighting for through the years. "I have to go, but can we do this again I want to get to know you," Jamie said. "I would be glad to," Rei said tears threatening to leave her eyes. She needed to get him back, no matter what and the show in two days would be the end of something that could end up making that chance never happen.

Rei didn't want to work at The Sapphire Club for the entire weekend. Kirill had to apologize over and over, "You should have asked me first before booking me for a weekend at a strip club in Las Vegas, Nevada," she said angrily. She was relieved somewhat due to the fact that her friend Angel had lived there for a long-time and worked odd jobs in strip clubs wanting to own her own tattoo shop but could only afford to buy one in Helsinki, the ones in Vegas were way too much and she didn't want have to pay employees to work for her.