Goodbye, My Lover...

Next Chapter

They tried for hours to get a hold of him. Ville was nowhere to be found. His mobile was off and though the show had been a success Rei could not stop crying. She should have kept this secret. How the hell was she going to face him at the firm? He would probably leave the firm.

"You need to calm down friend, I am sure Ville just needs time," Angel said as she held Rei comforting her. "I... it's all my fault I should have been honest with him sooner," Rei said sobbing uncontrollably. "Ville has a good heart he just has a volatile temper give him some time Rei," Alexi said also trying to comfort Rei. He felt guilty at having contacted Ville, but this would have happened sooner or later, he said trying to reason with himself.

"It's not your fault.." Rei said sobbing into Angel's chest as Alexi kept apologizing, "It was all me all this fear that keeps me hiding within these lies" she said. "It's over, I won't even be able to go back to work now, not only have I lost Ville but Jamie too" she continued her makeup staining her face.

"I will make him see reason and allow you to talk to him if its the last thing I do," Alexi said. "I don't want to be a burden to you guys," Rei said hating that she was ruining this for them too "Oh shut up you are so not a burden," Angel said tears filling her eyes she felt so bad for her friend.

Meanwhile on the flight to Helsinki Ville had asked for first-class he wanted to be alone. How many times would he continue to fall for these women that lied to him and were not willing to trust him openly? He should have never laid eyes on Rei, and to think she had lied to him when he asked about Onyx. If she had been honest back then, maybe,

But there was no maybe...he was sick and tired and furious of thinking that he had found a girl that would share everything with him. Yet, she had hidden, part of herself from him. And to think he would have done anything for her. There was no way in hell he would be able to work at that firm and all those pending contracts.

Ville sighed as tears fell from his emerald eyes, he would find a way to leave the firm in a professional manner. Even if he was hurt at what she had done, he did not want her to lose her job. Ville would probably stay for a couple of days at the last city of wherever his current tour would end, he could not bear to look at her.

Rei pushed through the pain as the weekend show ended, and Kirill thanked her infinitely for pulling through

Rei pushed through the pain as the weekend show ended, and Kirill thanked her infinitely for pulling through. He asked her constantly if she was ok, and she would have to painfully lie stating that she was just happy to be able to move freely forward from now on and take care of her grandmother. "If you ever decide, if you ever break free I will gladly have you back Rei," her boss said making her smile even if she was breaking apart on the inside.

The flight to Helsinki was painful, and she slept the whole way, Angel offered to stay but she needed time to be alone. She would not be surprised if she got fired the next morning, her life was spiraling downwards and she could not breathe. Without Ville and now with the threat of losing Jamie she could not find a damn reason to keep going.

Rei smiled at her pictures of Ville and Jamie, those rare treasures of what she was going to lose and had lost. Rei did not feel herself picking up the phone and making the flight, she knew Angel would hate her for leaving on short notice, but she had to try and see Jamie one last time.

"Absolutely not! he is busy Rei," her aunt said in a cold tone. "Please aunt I promise if you let me see him at least once, I will give up the custody fight," she said. "And why would I believe that!" her aunt replied "I know I cannot prove it, all I can tell you is that I won't bother you or Jamie ever again," she said her voice monotone. 

"Fine but only under our supervision and then you must go, I find it strange after so much fighting you are just giving up, but I believe it's better for him, you are too unbalanced Rei" her aunt stated as if she knew anything.

Her flight to Jamie felt eternal and so did the setup for the meeting. Rei hadn't anticipated how hard it would be to stand in front of him for the first time in a long time, knowing it would soon end...."Rei!" Jamie said and hugged her to her surprise. 

"So now we can meet in person awesome this beats phone calls" Jamie added. "I am here to say goodbye Jamie," Rei said feeling like a coward for doing this but after hearing her boss almost rip her a new this morning and lay her off, not understanding why HIM had left the firm, and that despite their good rating losing them was a major blow to the company, she knew that there was no way out.

"I cannot keep you in the firm Rei although Mr. Valo talked wonders about you, losing this contract brought our reputation down, and if I want to salvage what is left of the company then," Nikolas said "I have to let go of all the bad....including you" he added, as Rei's heart fell into pieces.

The liquidation of her check for the money she had earned was good though and it would help Jamie she had also signed off her life insurance to Jamie along with her social security rights. She sold most of her things to get extra savings for him she thought as her tears fell on the papers, during her Red Eye flight.

"What? you must be joking right? I mean all that talk about us being together one day was what bullshit?" Jamie stated aghast "No

"What? you must be joking right? I mean all that talk about us being together one day was what bullshit?" Jamie stated aghast "No...it wasn't but circumstances have changed and it's better for you to stay here....this letter and its contents are for you and are to be released to you upon your 18th birthday after that you should be able to leave this place and pursue your dreams" Rei stated. 

She had been arranging to help him gain his independence for some time. "What the hell Rei, I don't want your money! I want a family a real family!" Jamie said storming off as Rei sat there quiet and trying to keep it together "This is the best thing you could have done for him" Her aunt said. "Don't think you have won... he will be free" Rei added with dignity.

Rei tried to say goodbye to Jamie, to make him see reason, but she knew that this was the last bitter memory she would have of him, as he did not want to see her, and so knowing that she had nothing to lose she booked the next red flight to a place where she felt she could lay her worries to rest, and maybe free the world of a liar, she had dreamt about that place for so long

Aokigahara Forest in Japan awaited...

Thanks for reading

Thanks for lending me Angel