// 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐞 (that i don't have)

★ ─── 悪役

★ ─── 悪役

[Y.Name] whipped towards the voice in absolute horror, managing to trip himself over with his own feet and stumbling back into his bedside. His stomach, though it almost didn't seem possible, dropped even further when the whole thing shook, knocking his lamp off the side. With purely adrenaline-fueled reflexes, he grabbed a hold of it and stilled very suddenly.

There were no distant snaps of a switch turning on or any quiet footsteps. Despite all the noise, his mother stayed asleep.

Releasing the breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding, he slumped over, which was a bit awkward given he was half-sitting on the side table, and held the lamp in both hands on top of his thighs. His eyes flicked up to glare at where pitchy laughter had sounded from one of the dark corners of his room.

"Hahaha- oh my gosh, that was so- hehe, that was so funny."

He kept staring, watching intently as this puny... puny little thing appeared in his line of sight. Having gotten over his initial shock, it became instantly clear that this was not something to be scared of. It was smaller than his hand, to the point where he could probably backhand it across the whole length of the house, with a huge head and little stubs for arms and legs.

"Do you mind?" he asked, standing rather abruptly and putting the lamp back on the table with a little too much force.

The creature sniffed—was it laughing so hard it was crying?—and straightened itself up. It stayed straight faced for all of one second before starting to snicker to itself again. "Sorry, I just- I can't take you seriously when you're practically naked."

[Y.Name] huffed, breezing right past it to go to his draws and pulling out some comfortable clothes. He'd honestly forgotten how cold he'd been amidst his fright. He turned around to meet the thing's massive eyes and flinched back in mild disgust. At least it was calm now. "Y'know, if you hadn't said anything, I would've been dressed much earlier."

"Oh yeah, sure. Whatever you say, big man. I'm not the one who squealed like a pig."

"I did not—" His eyes narrowed. Two can play this game. "Well, at least I don't sound like a dog's squeaky chew toy every time words come out of my mouth."

"Now that was just low," it said solemnly, like it hadn't started insulting him first. "Do you wanna know why I'm here or not?"

"To be honest, I'd just like you to disappear to whatever place you came from so I can finally go to sleep."

It scoffed at him and turned away, offended. "Then, 'cause you're so curious," it started bitterly. "When you put on the watch and say the cool phrase I tell you, you'll turn into an awesome superhero."

"Like Ladybug and Chat Noir?" [Y.Name] asked, crossing his arms.

They turned back to face him with a grin on their face. "Exactly like that!"