// 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 (and destined to give up)

i'm not as happy with this chapter as the others so far, but hope it came out okay :)

★ ─── 悪役

Walking into Adrien's bedroom was something he would never get used to, no matter how many times he did it. With the expansiveness of the ceiling lifted to accommodate the two separate levels, the entire room appeared to go on and on, and was probably more square feet than his entire house.

[Y.Name] gingerly ran his fingers along the end of the glass balustrade on the lower level, gawking over all the features present in the room: the skate ramps, the rock-climbing wall, the zipline and arcade machines. He wondered how much of the space Adrien even utilised.

Mostly satisfied, he withdrew his arm back to his side and made his way over to said teen, who was sitting on his bed rifling through the stuff in his bag. [Y.Name] flopped down beside him, minding the things in his way. "I wanna bet that you're not anywhere near completing all of those games up there."

Adrien spared a glance up and snickered. "I don't know. I'm probably further through than you think, anyway." He set down his bag and relaxed into his hands behind him. "Why do you ask?"

"Personal experience, mostly," [Y.Name] said, staring at the shelves. "I've got a bunch of books at home and have probably read, like, five max. Maybe six."

They trailed off into awkwardly comfortable silence; both struggled for something to say, for a way to keep the conversation alive, and yet just being there, beside each other, didn't feel like it needed much else.

Finally, [Y.Name] asked, "I thought you mentioned having a piano in your room? But," he gestured around. "We seem to be lacking one."

Adrien perked up, beaming over at him as he all but launched himself off the bed. "Wait 'til you see this!" He rushes to pick up a basketball, checking over his shoulder, then shooting the ball at the ring. It bounces on the edge but tips in, setting off a cheerful ringing as a section of the floor splits open, a grand piano rising from beneath.

"Oh, what the fuck—" Despite the sheer magnificence of it all, [Y.Name] found he was not allowed to express his surprise through such colourful language, which he discovered from Adrien shooting him the dirtiest look as soon as the word fell from his lips. He raised his hands in surrender. "Look, dude, I swear sometimes, okay?"

The blond huffed and snapped his head away from him. "Whatever, just not here. I don't want my dad to hear you say that."

Yeah, well, he might just have to get used to it, [Y.Name] wanted to say, but settled with a smug grin. "Alright, fine. Though you saying that gives me ideas..."

Adrien turned to him again, face pale and pupils blown wide. "No! Don't, please."

"Hey, woah, sorry, I was kidding. I won't do anything like that, I promise."