// 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 (haunted by history)

whoever decided to write a story about superheroes is dumb (it's me, i'm dumb

whoever decided to write a story about superheroes is dumb (it's me, i'm dumb. writing is hard)

★ ─── 悪役

[Y.Name] struggled to articulate anything, given that his mind was riddled with nothing. They immediately threw everything he could have done out the window as he stared at the ground at least 20 meters below him. Despite the tiniest of voices telling him he could make it down relatively unharmed; the greater, more reasonable part of his brain told him that was a terrible idea.

With that decided, he stepped away from the edge, levelling the heroes with an unimpressed stare. "Well... what now?"

Ladybug readied her Yo-Yo, addressing her partner. "Wait here. I'll find out what the akumatized object is and call you when we get closer. Be ready!"

She took off not a moment later, leaving them on their own. [Y.Name]'s head bowed in dismay, unimpressed by the hand he'd been dealt. Left to be babysat by one of the very people he's trying to knock down a peg, he had very few options but to remain complicit if he wanted to avoid any suspicion down the line.

In that moment of clarity, [Y.Name]'s eyes widened. Chat Noir observed with overt intrigue as he darted around frantically. The hero went to speak in his confusion when he was interrupted by a loud, distressed curse. "What's wrong?"

"It's gone. The thing Adrien gave me, it's—" The boy slumped into a squat, fingers clasped around his mouth and chin. "I probably dropped it when you came barreling into me before. Now I have no idea where it is."

"Woah, hey," Chat patted him on the back, expression grim and taut. "You don't have to be like that. We'll find it. It's gotta turn up somewhere, right?"

A disconcerting tranquility fell over them, the hush of their voices filled by the crashing waves of an ocean that shouldn't exist. [Y.Name] paid no attention to the hero nor the situation any longer, content to sit and wait for it to end, but the other couldn't contain his curiosity.

Chat hovered around the edges of the rooftop, keeping a watchful eye for the partner in red. "So... why is that girl after you, specifically?"

He heard a quiet snicker as [Y.Name] continued to pick at the ground. "She couldn't handle the truth."

"The truth about what?"

This time, the teen let out a soft sigh. "Do you know Adrien Agreste?" [Y.Name] wasn't looking to see how the hero tensed. "What am I saying? Of course, you do, everyone does. He and I are friends, and I guess it's become public knowledge. I sat in on a photoshoot, and the girl and her friends were there. They confronted me today about being too close to someone they don't even know!"

Chat's claws tapped uneasily. "Really? I never imagined his fans would do something like that."

"Maybe not all of them, but some fans hate nothing more than the idea of their beloved, or whatever it is they may call their crush, being in a relationship with anyone but them." [Y.Name] shrugged. "They got up in my face about it. I told them to fuck off, and now she gets to play the victim for the consequences of her own poor decisions."