// 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 (and growing attached)

★ ─── 悪役

★ ─── 悪役

[Y.Name] spent a short while trying to recollect himself after the events of the akuma attack. Too many things plagued his mind at once; that Gabriel allowed for him to be put at the forefront of danger despite their deal to cooperate, the hurtful words of the girls in their attempt to tear his relationship with Adrien apart, and the, albeit very minor, hint that said blond may be a little more involved in things than he initially presumed.

He cast most of it aside by distracting himself with other menial tasks. [Y.Name] grated his teeth over the inside of his bottom lip, meticulously watching Adrien's fingers as he plucked at the bass strings. There was little to no enthusiasm in the action. It seemed he wasn't the only one whose mind was preoccupied.

Adrien found the strength to break the almost-silence first. He set the guitar down on his lap. "Hey, [Y.Name]?"

"Hmm?" His gaze flicked up to meet the other's without moving from his hunched position.

"What happened? On the day we last caught up, I mean. I saw you being targeted when the news replayed footage and..." He grimaced, turning his head away.

"You were curious as to why?" [Y.Name] completed. "You don't have to be so roundabout with it. I'll answer whatever questions you ask."

"Okay. Then who was that girl?"

[Y.Name] sighed. "A fan of yours. She was totally consumed with wanting to be with you or near you, at the very least. I think she was first upset when I was with you for your photoshoot."

"Huh," Adrien cocked his head to the side in thought. "I didn't expect any of my fans to behave like that."

"It depends on the person, I guess. Though I'm sure you're more interested in the specifics of what was said." He snickered when Adrien tried to play off his intrigue. "Well, the victim and her friends cornered me outside of the store after you went in, and they told me to stop interacting with you for the noble cause of saving your career."

It was then that Adrien took a serious pause, his expression highlighting his confusion. "How could our friendship ruin my modelling?"

There were a few ways he could think to phrase what needed to be shared, yet none of them immediately fell through his lips. [Y.Name] grimaced, taking a deep breath. He knew what he had to say, but his next words had the potential to reframe their whole dynamic, depending on Adrien's viewpoint.

"I... I suppose that also depends on the person. Adrien, how much do you know about the queer community?" The furrow of the blond's brow told him it was probably not much. "Some people may, uh, mistake...  our friendship as deeper than it is if we're always close. They may think that we're in love."