// 𝐫𝐮𝐛 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 (pretend it doesn't sting)

pride month is over, time to be homophobic again /j

★ ─── 救い主

In the near silence of the house, only three things could be heard; the rhythmic ticking of the hallway clock, [C.Name]'s hushed purring and his own heavy breaths.

[Y.Name] drummed a pencil between his pinky and the desk, stricken by a heedless urge to throw his notebook at the wall, tear it apart from the spine, simply something that would satiate the pounding of his head, but replacing such a good quality book would be expensive. The writing tool stilled in his palm, and he took out his frustrations with a satisfying snap. He let his wrist fall limp and watched as the splintered halves rolled onto the open page.

Azzie whistled wistfully. "Y' ruined a perfectly good pencil... " When they garnered no response, the kwami realised just how unsettled their holder was.

The teen's mouth curled anxiously, teeth scraping over the inside of his lips without much thought, his brain already overwhelmed by more important considerations.

"I don't want to turn back," [Y.Name] stated, voice hushed.

There was a lot more at stake than the feelings of a singular person. By giving up, he turns his back to the progress he's made and forfeits all responsibility onto the heroes, who have never once tried to put an official stop to the akumatizations. [Y.Name] couldn't trust that they would get the job done if left to their own devices.

Yet, as he barrels towards the split in the rails, was he really willing to pull the lever on the one in order to save the many, even if it was someone he cared for so deeply? Despite morality telling him it was the correct answer, his heart was harder to convince.

"I don't want to turn back," he repeated. Azzie perked up at the sound. "It doesn't mean I need to keep to the same strategies."

"What are you thinking?"

"What else is there to do when the heroes transform so carelessly?" [Y.Name] pushed away from his desk, standing from the rolling chair and stretching. "You let them know that their actions have consequences..."

The words were like ash in his mouth. Hawk Moth was anticipating his success in ruining the duo's dynamic, and it was still the course of action [Y.Name] believed was the best one to take, yet his brain pestered him about how this was not something Adrien deserved.

While he couldn't bring himself to give up on his plans, maybe he could be there afterwards to help soften the blow.

It was the only reassurance he could give himself for what he was about to do.

"Azzie, start the hunt."

Catching the heroes' attention was less straightforward this time. However, civilians posting a few images of his fleeting appearances around the area prompted Ladybug and Chat Noir to begin staking out the city after nightfall, waiting for his inevitable return.